Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RIP - Rust in Peace Thread

RIP - Rust in Peace Thread

Idea taken from Practical Classic Magazine. every Month they publish photos from readers around the world of cars that have been just parked or layed to rest and are now disappearing into the hedge rows....

I've seen a few lately but failed to get Pics. I will get a pic of a house on the road to Killorglan Co. Kerry who has several yokes rusting away on both sides of the road.

So post your RIP spots here... I for one would love to see them.

This type of thing....

Mick
    I Plan to live forever, So far so good

I love and loath these types of pictures at the same time - cool out !

Quote Originally Posted by admredux View Post
    I love and loath these types of pictures at the same time - cool out !
    Same here, they're interesting but make me a bit sad.

we had a great thread on this in a previous life. Love looking at the pics, even if they make you sad / mad!!

Now that's what I'm talking about
    I Plan to live forever, So far so good

There is a certain tragic beauty to these type of pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by 1300starlet View Post
    is that a proper 400 kit? headlights are worth a few quid at least. the rolls is sad tho

Tragic I suppose buy I rarely see something scrapped in Ireland that I would think of rescuing - mostly its a lot of jap scrap - good riddance. Closest I came to dragging a car out of a field was a Volvo P1800 (The Saint's car) but it was obvious it was beyond repair. I miss the days when I used to roam the scrap yards around here looking at all the old cars, These days your not allowed in for health and safety reasons and most of the stuff is less than 10 years old.

ive been 'told' thats an ex bertie fisher reccie car - could be total poppy cock but the source would be reliable ish so i dunno