Page 2 of 264 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Oct...sorry...Backroads Spotters Thread.

And a Saab beside it I think?

Yup 'tis Johno.

Magnificent beast those Tatras. Spotted 3 of them laid up together in a yard in Greenwich last year when I was there (without a camera of course)

Air cooled rear engine V8 if memory serves correct ..

Quote Originally Posted by Germaniks View Post
    I saw that car on the road about a year ago, spotted it near liffey valley. Cool looking machine. Probably the only one in the country. Not sure I've seen another one.

The owner has run Tatras for years, great to see someone taking an interest in something so unusual. Not too far from where I live & I regularly walk by with the doggies.

CFD

Nice story about the Tatra company itself, one of the oldest car making company in the world, founded in 1850 but yet totally unknown by most I would say (Myself included until today).
    Tatra makes civil and military trucks now exclusively since the last few years.

There was an amazing unrestored Tatraplan 600 at the Limerick show.

Yesterday driving from Galway back to Dublin is spotted 2 BMW E28's one red And one light green. The near Dublin a white DIMMA kitted Peugeot 205

Anyone here ??

Spotted a blue Rover SD1 towing a Range Rover Classic near Lil Doyles today The first SD1 I've seen on the road in a few years

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Spotted a blue Rover SD1 towing a Range Rover Classic near Lil Doyles today The first SD1 I've seen on the road in a few years
    I think I have seen that SD1 at the south-bound filling station at Kilmacanogue, just a few km's north of Lil Doyles. Probably three months ago now. A bit crusty on the bodywork IIRC, I was pointing it out to my kid because my Dad had a V8 from new in 1976, the car he hated the most, ever!

H
    The noisy one in the corner.

Anyone remember the white SD1 from Clonkeen in the `80s ?It had big chrome wheels, mirrored windows, loud V8, louvred rear window.