Page 2582 of 2671 FirstFirst ... 158220822482253225722580258125822583258425922632 ... LastLast
Results 25,811 to 25,820 of 26703

Thread: The DoneDeal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by tossy View Post
    Chances of that golf being above board are slim, if it was me selling a legitimate car like that i'd be going out of my way to point out how legit it is, reasons, pics of the conversion process, who did it etc to maximise my chances of a sale.
    Thats fine but the ad doesn't state "converted from a stolen car" or "ringer". It just says it's a conversion.

Chances of that golf being above board are slim, if it was me selling a legitimate car like that i'd be going out of my way to point out how legit it is, reasons, pics of the conversion process, who did it etc to maximise my chances of a sale.
    Well, is not its illegitimacy the whole point though? . Anything that has a different cc on the logbook to that under the bonnet is only done one for one reason - fraudulent tax bills and insurance premium.

Quote Originally Posted by bloke View Post
    Well, is not its illegitimacy the whole point though? . Anything that has a different cc on the logbook to that under the bonnet is only done one for one reason - fraudulent tax bills and insurance premium.
    I don't know if insurance is impacted by it though. Sure, if you search by reg plate it'll give you the details that are on file, but it's up to you to validate them and change them if they are incorrect. TLDR; I don't think insurance companies care what is on the log book. There is nothing to stop me insuring my 325i as a 318i, it just means my insurance is invalid. Of course that won't stop chancers insuring it as a 1.2 and thinking they're getting away with it.

It's more the tax that would be impacted I'd imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by bloke View Post
    I think we are in agreement Bloke maybe i didn't word it well or you quoted the wrong post

I think we are in agreement Bloke maybe i didn't word it well or you quoted the wrong post
    Ah sound, I think I was just making a general reply to the discussion.

Anyway ...... back to the business of feeding me and other lurkers with cars which might potentially cause one to quiver at the Wallet!

When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife.

That Audi's been for sale a good while now.
    I'm standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused