Page 1 of 86 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Good News Thread

Good News Thread

I thought it would be a good thing to start this, see if people like it.
    Any good news at all. a baby, a new dog, finally got that difficult-to-reach itch, doesn't matter.

I'll start us off, cos I got a bit of a lift. Where I work decided that they don't need 25% of us, about 130 people to go.
    Not such good news. Separately (they swear...) we have been doing a competency review (puke, HR speak) to align job titles with sites in the US.
    So, I have been basically doing the job above, and now they've given it to me . Great news, and apparently we'll look at money in Oct (which is weird but gift horse...). Delighted!
    It is a bit odd with redundancies as well, and doesnt guarantee anything, but hey, I'll take my lift where I can get it

Anyone got any more, always cheers me up.

Baby on the way this october all going well, will be celebrating the birth before our 1st wedding anniversary but what the hell!
    Slightly related and posted elsewhere, 2 baby pigs arriving on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by foyler View Post
    Baby on the way this october all going well, will be celebrating the birth before our 1st wedding anniversary but what the hell!
    Slightly related and posted elsewhere, 2 baby pigs arriving on Thursday.
    Good man, first timer?

and the baby?

Quote Originally Posted by mahnamahna View Post
    Good man, first timer?

and the baby?
    Funnily enough we had our first hospital appointment last week and the Doctor looking at paperwork starts out with,

'So this is your 3rd child Mrs Foyle?'

Queue some nervous laughter, eh no!

'Ah ok, must be a mistake with the paperwork, can I ask if you are the Father Mr. Foyle?'

Ah here, leave it out will ya!!

Great news Foyler, in other great news we have no babies arriving this year, maths decrees that it probably won't happen either. Thank funk.

Other good news is we are looking for more staff now as the work load has increased dramatically quite recently

The background is that I have a 320d with blue coolant so it should be due a change. this could be painful because there is an intercooler, an electric power steering motor and a huge undertray in the way.

The good news is that I've just found out that the original coolant has a ten year life so I don't have to do anything for another six years.
    ________
    Wheelnut

the good news is that i'm on a promise this weekend
    No colour or religion ever stopped the bullet from a gun

I just got engaged , about time Mark. Holy Christ but Diamonds make women happy! Anyone for Champagne ???

Quote Originally Posted by foyler View Post
    Funnily enough we had our first hospital appointment last week and the Doctor looking at paperwork starts out with,

'So this is your 3rd child Mrs Foyle?'

Queue some nervous laughter, eh no!

'Ah ok, must be a mistake with the paperwork, can I ask if you are the Father Mr. Foyle?'

Ah here, leave it out will ya!!
    Jesus, bit rough that!
    Good luck, its good craic. No matter what everyone else says

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I just got engaged , about time Mark. Holy Christ but Diamonds make women happy! Anyone for Champagne ???
    Only now ? I thought you were way further along than that.

If you bring the champagne I'll buy the chips.