Page 2 of 116 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Whatcha ridin'

Whatcha ridin'

Beautiful bikes fellas, I'm still on the Litespeed and Klein, no point in buying something new as they are both sweet bikes.

Just need to get out more in 2013

Edit: Desmo and Dude, what computers/software are you using? It sounds cool! Is it Mac compatible?
    'It's a big enough umbrella, but it's always me that ends up getting wet'

Whatcha ridin'

I use a Garmin Edge 500 on the bike They're expensive enough, but they're definitely worth it if you've any sort of info in tracking data either on the fly or afterwards on the computer. You're looking at in the region of about €250 quid for the computer, HR strap, and cadence sensor. After that, there's a massive number of websites you can use to upload to. Most are free but offer premium versions too. Garmin Connect, GoldenCheetah, TrainingPeaks, TrainerRoad, RidewithGPS, Mapmyride, Endomondo ...

Strava is very popular and probably what I use the most. It's an amalgamation of workout tracking and social media where you can follow people you know (or pro's etc.) and comment on the stuff they're doing. Strava also has a very competitive edge to it where anybody can create a 'segment' on a stretch of road/off-road and any time someone rides that segment with a GPS tracker then Strava create a leaderboard online. It's good fun. Free to create an account on it and if you've a smartphone you can download the app for free to get you started.

I've yet to come across something that's not i-compatible so drive her on boss. Edge 500 is a GPS tracker as opposed to a GPS Navigation tool, the Edge 800 has the full range of mapping on the fly which is great for touring or exploring.

Whatcha ridin'

Thanks for that, lots to chew over

One question, how is the mounting hardware for the main unit? I have ITM Mantis bars, so they aren't round on the tops, would that be a problem?
    'It's a big enough umbrella, but it's always me that ends up getting wet'

Whatcha ridin'

You can basically mount it anywhere - loads of pictures on here http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2009/12/garm ... eview.html I actually have mine mounted on the stem. The mount is held on with rubber bands, so it comes on and off in seconds and is reusable many many times.

Whatcha ridin'

latest addition:

Looking forward to getting it out on the track. its stiff and fast as hell. Hoping to do some track racing this year to compliment the road racing.

Aswell as that I have a giant tcx2 cx bike for cx racing, boardman pro carbon (racing bike), boardman team carbon (training bike), dolan something that's currently undergoing a transformation into a TT bike, rockrider mountain bike, dawes the edge mountain bike (cool mid 90s steel mtb thats really lovely to ride) and a colnago super with full campag that im currently fixing up and hoping to do the L'eroica on.

Its a sickness.

Whatcha ridin'

@fortytwo EIGHT!? Awesome

Whatcha ridin'

@Fortytwo, if you add all those bikes together you get a Porsche 911.

Where do you do the track riding?

Whatcha ridin'

Quote Originally Posted by flyingalexf68
    @Fortytwo, if you add all those bikes together you get a Porsche 911.

Where do you do the track riding?
    dont say that alex - LOL.

track riding in eamon ceant park, anyone can do it. 5 euro for track use, and 5 euro for bike hire. You go down, get accredited, and can then train on the track when its open.

Whatcha ridin'

All my babies together from the last time they were washed...

From left to right...
    Pedalforce TT2 frame with full ultegra
    On-one Pompino singlespeed commuter bike
    BMC Streetracer SR01 with full 105

I've only recently changed the saddle on the BMC for the white fizik arione, and it will be getting matching white bartape the next time I change the cables!

I also hope to get a pair of fancy 50mm deep hoops in the not so distant future. Thankfully both the TT bike and road bike run shimano, so wheels are interchangeable!

Whatcha ridin'

You should really be in a bra and no knickers for the reflection pic Colm!