Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Teachers & the vaccine

СЛАВА ОТЧИЗНЕ ГЕРОЕВ

Quote Originally Posted by -alan- View Post
    ^ Payback - no ?
    I find it hard to accept that we should vaccinate some people for "payback" when it would mean that more people will become seriously ill.
    "All the finesse of a badger." (cdiv)

Edit by myself : no need for that Daily Mail esque statement. Suitably removed.
    Last edited by miller; 09-04-2021 at 09:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SJ View Post
    I find it hard to accept that we should vaccinate some people for "payback" when it would mean that more people will become seriously ill.
    True.

On the other hand - if a commitment was given (either formally or 'an understanding was reached' in the traditional Irish manner) and not honoured, then that could set a precedent that causes other problems downstream. I don't know if it was btw - just chewing the fat.

Quote Originally Posted by philb View Post
    it may have made sense to do that 6 months ago. does it make sense now with a few weeks to run on the school year?
    "a few weeks" is plenty of time to get sick.

The whole thing could be diffused by a return to remote schooling?

Yeah cos remote teaching doesn't have any negative side effects for kids.
    Honestly lads even the fcuking teachers and spouses of same on here at least agree it was mind bendingly dumb and entitled.

To quote Bill Belichick - DO YOUR FCUKIN JOB!

This is not aimed at any backroaders or their partners, I'm sure they all worked very hard during the various lockdowns but my feeling is they're in the minority.

Anecdotal but I checked in on one of the zoom calls a week No 1 eventually got in lockdown 2 (that's i hour a week for clarity), the good lady had them all on zoom, great says I she'll get some badly needed interaction with friends and teacher....
    She actually had a fcukin video on with some geezer giving drawing tips
    So we spend all our time keeping them away from screens , she gets them on screen....to look thru it at another screen.....of some random fcuk off youtube.....for the majority of the hour.....can you all see and hear him ok....grand - AAAAGGGGHHHHH

So will the teachers who are against their unions voiced opinions be leaving said unions? Its funny they decide to come out with it over the Easter holidays, they're very at risk then alright.

One morning years ago, when the unions implemented strike action a few union members appeared outside the school where my wife was a teacher (with placards etc).
    She walked up to them, told them they were not representing her point of view or doing anything beneficial and walked across what they had setup as a picket line so as she could go teach for the day. And while she didn't have a full class, she was there for the kids and parents who did turn up. She has backbone though. Other staff get intimidated by the unions.

It's important to realise that it's not obligatory for teachers to pay into the unions either. Teachers don't have to be a part of the unions, so what you have is a subset claiming to represent teachers in Ireland, when in fact they only represent that subset.

Quote Originally Posted by TuneR View Post
    Its funny they decide to come out with it over the Easter holidays, they're very at risk then alright.
    Easy on the Kool-Aid. The teacher union conferences have always been held over Easter.

My wife is a secondary school teacher who does not pay into a union. The unions do not speak for her.
    The same as the multinational I work for do not speak for me. Iím just an employee.