Thread: 11 years ago today 07/03/2010

11 years ago today 07/03/2010

So where were you 11 years ago today?? Were you in an underground carpark in Carrickmines??

Thanks to Facebook memories I was reminded of a special Cars & Coffee meet that we had when we welcomed some visitors from across the border to our monthly get together for coffee and chats.

I was there, not sure what I was driving mind you.

Yay! That's my first Chesil Speedster replica, think it is back in UK now. That was a cold day, drove in with the roof down and froze my mebs off!

2010, peak recession and you guys a flaunting supercars! No wonder it was kept “underground” .
    I'm standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused

Quote Originally Posted by Bazg2 View Post
    2010, peak recession and you guys a flaunting supercars! No wonder it was kept “underground” .
    Pretty sure that was the final one (or close to it) before we got turfed out of that venue...

Having somewhere like that for the winter months would be ideal.

Why did they kick you out Friz?

I'd say the sound of the likes of that Lambo would have been unreal as it bounced
    off the walls and low ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by Friz View Post
    Pretty sure that was the final one (or close to it) before we got turfed out of that venue...
    There was some mighty Suck, Squeez, Bang, Blow sounds coming out of the exit tunnel that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    Why did they kick you out Friz?
    They were unimpressed that dozens of cars had arrived for a prearranged meet. Started putting stickers on peoples cars to say they were no longer welcome etc. A guy was headed for my car with a sticker and I stopped him fairly abruptly.

It was a long time ago to be sure. How many cars turned up in the end? I think it went from having maybe 10 cars at the meets to perhaps close to a hundred maybe at that one?

It was nonsense really as people wives and kids etc. were in shopping and spending plenty of cash, the costa coffee had never been so busy and there was still plenty of spaces left empty and it wasn't a busy time of the week.
    Anon. - "owned since 2004. never had a disc on her."

I also heard that our (civilised) meetings were drawing attention to the venue as a place for other, less civilised, types to meet, so all meets were banned.

I miss cars and coffee so much!! This virus thing needs to go away.