Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Introduction Thread

Introduction Thread

Hey everyone,

Been a while since I posted on a forum.

I find myself browsing as a guest nearly every day now, so I said I may as well sign up to what looks like a great community here.

My current fleet is a Misano Red C5 RS6, Lupo Gti and a 500hp Mk7 Golf R with the correct gearbox that was featured on Pistonheads and in PVW Magazine.

I'll get some seperate threads going soon for the cars, but here are some pics in the mean time....

20201226_144014 (2).jpg

20201226_144237 (1).jpg

2020-VW-Golf-R-Donal-Maher-Speedhunters-by-Paddy-McGrath-7-1200x800.jpg

2020-VW-Golf-R-Donal-Maher-Speedhunters-by-Paddy-McGrath-44-1200x800.jpg

IMG_20210217_164044_127.jpg

Looking forward to chatting with you all,
    Donal

Those pics attached terribly, apologies.

Here's the link to admire Paddy's work....

http://www.speedhunters.com/2020/06/...9dYvyq_fA4dV3E
    Attached Images Attached Images

Welcome. Loving the RS6. Pity they never came with the correct gearbox though

Quote Originally Posted by Gn3dr View Post

As troublesome and as slow sometimes as the slushbox is in these, and as a bit of a manual purist, I reckon the auto suits it, built for storming Autobahns.

Nice machines. Welcome.
    3 V8s, a V12 and a 4 banger.

a few were converted....

b7 rs4 box with an adaptor plate, but the auto really suits it imho

Quote Originally Posted by Gn3dr View Post

welcome! always loved that rs6, and great to see it on an irish plate!

Quote Originally Posted by DonalM View Post
    Hey everyone,

Been a while since I posted on a forum.

I find myself browsing as a guest nearly every day now, so I said I may as well sign up to what looks like a great community here.

My current fleet is a Misano Red C5 RS6, Lupo Gti and a 500hp Mk7 Golf R with the correct gearbox that was featured on Pistonheads and in PVW Magazine.

I'll get some seperate threads going soon for the cars, but here are some pics in the mean time....

Looking forward to chatting with you all,
    Donal

Welcome along, healthy garage there.
    I'm standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused

Love the RS6, would love one! Ideal family bus. What are the running costs like? I remember reading an article in EVO back in the mid 2000ís where they profiled Nick Masonís car collection (he had various super cars, including a McLaren F1) and he said that the most expensive car to maintain over the recent past was the C5 RS6. That really shocked me

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Ste View Post
    Love the RS6, would love one! Ideal family bus. What are the running costs like? I remember reading an article in EVO back in the mid 2000’s where they profiled Nick Mason’s car collection (he had various super cars, including a McLaren F1) and he said that the most expensive car to maintain over the recent past was the C5 RS6. That really shocked me
    Yeah they are expensive when they go wrong, and they will go wrong!

Gearbox's and the suspension failing are the big ones, thankfully both have been replaced on mine.

Replacing the starter motor is an engine and box out job, as are a few other jobs.

Massive engine in a tight space means everything is a pain to get to and work on, so labour costs are high, and you have the RS tax on the parts too.

As a heavy car it's also heavy on brakes, tyres etc

This is my 3rd V8, and I've owned plenty of high powered turbo cars, and I've never seen anything to get through fuel like this does .

They are incredible though, an event to drive, even to look at.
    Last edited by DonalM; 01-03-2021 at 08:26 AM.