Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Tax Arrears refund scenario from new car purchase question.

Its absolutely 100% in a mocking tone, towards people that are similarly posting in a mocking tone.

Money will go to Charity. Even though 'its only 79 euro"

Cheers!

While I am not a lawyer, I think that raising money in someone's name and then using it for your own purposes is a spectacularly bad idea.
    "All the finesse of a badger." (cdiv)

I'm sympathetic to the OP, but depends on the detail of what was said. Regardless of the value, it's the principal if it was agreed. I get pissed off when the dealer charges me 2 euros for screen wash on a Ä300 service, so I get the idea of the bad taste in the mouth regardless of the relative cost.

From my reading, you asked the salesman not to register it until Feb to avoid paying Jan tax which is fair enough. He said it was too late as they already had it in your name, again fair enough. He said that he tried to see was there anything they could do, and couldn't. Possibly because they/admin didn't know how or couldn't be arsed to declare it off the road for a week. You did have the car, and were presumably driving the car in January so to take the high horse, it's fair that you pay Janurary.

If the salesman agreed to an arrangement that would have meant Jan tax wouldn't apply, and then failed to do this I would ask him to cover the cost of it. Doesn't sound like it was that straight of an arrangement though?

Hi Folks,
    I did not mean to start anything when I posted here with my question.

I have spoken directly to Rhysmate and the money will 100% go to charity.
    It now stands at Ä84 with will go to the Simon community.

Thanks to everyone for their input.

I will forever have a poem to remember this by.

Thanks Richie

Lock her up.

Quote Originally Posted by SJ View Post
    While I am not a lawyer, I think that raising money in someone's name and then using it for your own purposes is a spectacularly bad idea.
    I'm good mates with Richie, its not a big deal. But I appreciate the concern. I posted it as a joke to wind some begrudgers up and didn't think anyone would actually put money in there.... hardly for my own purposes?

Glad to hear. Thread now closed.
    "All the finesse of a badger." (cdiv)

Proof of Donation and topped up by myself.

I sent it to Pieta house because being a knob on the internet makes people feel bad, and sometimes that pushes people over the edge. Be nice.

Rhys

Fair play Rhys!
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST
    1998 Peugeot 106 GTI
    2001 Toyota MR2

Quote Originally Posted by rhysmate View Post
    Proof of Donation and topped up by myself.

I sent it to Pieta house because being a knob on the internet makes people feel bad, and sometimes that pushes people over the edge. Be nice.

Rhys

Nicely Done...... now dont ask a car dealer to cheat the tax system again...