Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tax Arrears refund scenario from new car purchase question.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRA View Post
    For what it's worth, I don't think you're being unreasonable. Money is money, regardless of the percentage against the overall cost.

I don't think anyone here would happily hand someone Ä80 for nothing.

At the very least, the admin or the salesperson could have declared it off the road for you the following day. I did it all the time when registering cars or changing ownership if the vehicle wasn't being picked up the same day.
    I agree completely. Happy to provide my paypal address for people who want to give me 80 for nothing though.

I don't think its too much to expect a car salesman to know exactly how a car can be declared off the road to avoid backtax in this scenario .

Quote Originally Posted by OutRun View Post
    Only returning the favour, as you have me cracking up since I read this. This thread has been posted to 10 mates already.

Are you free to go onto Joe Duffy this afternoon perhaps ??
    Hello and good afternoon to you...

Joe Duffy Audi North Dublin?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting you should be happy with the outcome and I do have sympathy. What I'm saying is that it's unfortunate, but I don't think the dealer is in the wrong. If you had possession of the car during the month of January, regardless of the date of the final payment (and if they use the same financial institution as you do, it could well have been in their account instantly), they were only doing their job by transferring the ownership. I'd be thankful to any dealership that was kind enough to hold off until the next month when asked, but I equally don't think it's fair to criticise them for doing their job.

If you wanted to be certain of avoiding the tax payment, the simple option was to not make the final payment and collect the car until the first of Feb.

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewOBW View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting you should be happy with the outcome and I do have sympathy. What I'm saying is that it's unfortunate, but I don't think the dealer is in the wrong. If you had possession of the car during the month of January, regardless of the date of the final payment (and if they use the same financial institution as you do, it could well have been in their account instantly), they were only doing their job by transferring the ownership. I'd be thankful to any dealership that was kind enough to hold off until the next month when asked, but I equally don't think it's fair to criticise them for doing their job.

If you wanted to be certain of avoiding the tax payment, the simple option was to not make the final payment and collect the car until the first of Feb.
    Just to clarify, I wanted it delivered Monday 1st and sales guy really pushed to get it to me on the 28th, rang me that morning and said Iím in the car now, I can drive it down today. Iíll be there in 1.5 hours. I have you Eircode. Itís in the sat nav.

In the panic of the moment, I said grand but I wonít have it fully paid until the 1st Feb so to make sure to do the ownership transfer then.
    He never once said there would be an issue with that or that He could / or I should declare it off the road.
    I didnít even drive it until 1st Feb as I had no where to go.

Different banks so 3 days between transfers.

It just wasnít transparent by the sales guy at the time and now Iím here giving out about them.

Iíll just have to build a bridge and get over this.

Quote Originally Posted by richeyc2000 View Post
    Just to clarify, I wanted it delivered Monday 1st and sales guy really pushed to get it to me on the 28th, rang me that morning and said Iím in the car now, I can drive it down today. Iíll be there in 1.5 hours. I have you Eircode. Itís in the sat nav.

In the panic of the moment, I said grand but I wonít have it fully paid until the 1st Feb so to make sure to do the ownership transfer then.
    He never once said there would be an issue with that or that He could / or I should declare it off the road.
    I didnít even drive it until 1st Feb as I had no where to go.

Different banks so 3 days between transfers.

It just wasnít transparent by the sales guy at the time and now Iím here giving out about them.

Iíll just have to build a bridge and get over this.
    Right, that's the context that definitely makes the difference for me. If you have any of that sort of detail in writing I'd be asking them to throw in the first service or something for free to make up the difference.

Yeah they did a shitty thing. It's super important for them to close the deal by end of month but for you it's obviously neither here nor there and they basically lied to get it done.
    I'm with the resistance

I can guarantee you that was done because they had an audit.

If a car is found on site that has been sold (invoiced and change of ownership done) during an audit, it's a fail.

So it's either deliver the car, or get admin to credit and put it back in to stock.

Either way, it has to be gone off the forecourt if it's in a customers name.

Chaps...Lay off. The least you can expect from a bloody Audi main dealer is a white glove service. Itís not the money, but the principal of the thing. Itís the kind of backhanded trick youíd expect from someone flogging a 5k Yaris, but not when youíre spending a small fortune on a brand new car.

You're attributing more credit to the brand than it deserves I think. The worst kind of brash narcissists work in places like this.

Lesson digested I reckon Richey, the brand doesn't give a flying fig about you other than your access to credit to sign over to them. You'd get better treatment from a niche provider more interested in retention than metrics.

If you don't get a senior phonecall and a complimentary service, or similar gesture, you know the score.

1. Sorry for your trouble Richey and a good lesson for many of us not to expect much from the dealer.
    2. Some mean people here. Leave it out.
    3. Notwithstanding point 2, Q7s are horrible and maybe you should be just a little ashamed.
    "All the finesse of a badger." (cdiv)