Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Customs import charge on addresspal

Customs import charge on addresspal

During Christmas i ordered a second hand labeller on ebay.co.uk as a tester.

Total price including postage was 18 pounds stg (20.25 euro)
    Its arrived addresspal depot on the 7th of January according to tracking.
    I subsequently recieved a mail from address pay telling me i would be charged 6.50 for home deliver (post office collection is no longer an option it seems)
    I have today recieved an email from addresspal telling me revenue have valued the item i purchased as 43.59 euro and require me to pay the 12.65 euro i owe them.

Since its a secondhand item there is now way they could know what i paid for it,are they having a sneaky gawk inside parcels and plucking values out of this air for each package like vrt quotes?
    Typically there is no link or way to appeal it i can see.
    Looks like a 50% mark up on ebay.co.uk buy it now price if this is the given,
    Last edited by gambit; 17-01-2021 at 03:11 AM.
    87 C 14613 Coming Soon To A Crossroads Near You...

If a similar time line to you. Order lipo battery's from amazon 27/12 to address pal. Eventually made it to local post office the 11th. I just had the standard charge of 4. No customs.

If you bought in ebay, email them a screen shot of the purchase screen

I think they are charging you VAT and an An Post handling charge due to the VAT. This has made Ebay UK bargains from private sellers a thing of the past.

I see Amazon UK are taking an "Import Fees Deposit", wonder will Revenue challenge the calculated "Import Fees Deposit"

"Import Fees Deposit" represents an estimate of the Import Fees that may be levied on the items in your order for delivery to countries or regions outside the mainland UK. By placing your order, you agree to allow Amazon to collect the Import Fees Deposit for the applicable items in your order. This deposit will be used, on your behalf, to reimburse the Designated Carriers for the import fees that they have paid on your behalf to the appropriate authorities of the destination country or region.

You further agree that the Designated Carriers may disclose to Amazon the amount of actual Import Fees levied on the item you have purchased from Amazon and/or Merchant ("Actual Import Fees"). In the event that the Import Fees Deposit exceeds the Actual Import Fees, Amazon will refund the difference to you.
    Doing it with Twins is better than being Single
    http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showthread.php?7376-TRD3000GT-Project

Bought a PC Monitor from Currys.ie on 6/1/21 99.00 + shipping 5.99, total : 104.99
    Email from DPD, re delay in shipping from the UK.
    Email from DPD, Duty / Taxes due on item Duty 0.00, Tax(Customs) 27.78, Brokerage Fee 5.00, VAT on Brokerage Fee 1.05, Total Payment Due : 33.83.
    Have refused to pay, Goods to be returned, will await outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by skippy View Post
    Bought a PC Monitor from Currys.ie on 6/1/21 99.00 + shipping 5.99, total : 104.99
    Email from DPD, re delay in shipping from the UK.
    Email from DPD, Duty / Taxes due on item Duty 0.00, Tax(Customs) 27.78, Brokerage Fee 5.00, VAT on Brokerage Fee 1.05, Total Payment Due : 33.83.
    Have refused to pay, Goods to be returned, will await outcome.
    Well if you buy from a .ie site I would presume there would be zero extra charges. You buy in good faith from .ie, not your fault it’s false advertising or sharp practice on the suppliers part by having the .ie domain as a front.

Quote Originally Posted by TRD3000GT View Post
    I see Amazon UK are taking an "Import Fees Deposit", wonder will Revenue challenge the calculated "Import Fees Deposit"

"Import Fees Deposit" represents an estimate of the Import Fees that may be levied on the items in your order for delivery to countries or regions outside the mainland UK. By placing your order, you agree to allow Amazon to collect the Import Fees Deposit for the applicable items in your order. This deposit will be used, on your behalf, to reimburse the Designated Carriers for the import fees that they have paid on your behalf to the appropriate authorities of the destination country or region.

You further agree that the Designated Carriers may disclose to Amazon the amount of actual Import Fees levied on the item you have purchased from Amazon and/or Merchant ("Actual Import Fees"). In the event that the Import Fees Deposit exceeds the Actual Import Fees, Amazon will refund the difference to you.
    I've bought from Amazon in the US twice in the last few years - Both were chromebooks that still worked out cheaper with VAT and import, Amazon did a similar thing, they took a calculated deposit, which will usually err on the side of caution and slightly over-estimate, then refund the difference. It worked pretty smoothiy and I had no issues.

Where you might get stung is buying from 3rd party sellers on Amazon rather than Amazon themselves.

If these items were purchased before 1st January I would be arguing that they fall under transition period rules rather than post 31st December rules....

Don't pay it, let them send it back. Ill start buying car parts from EU or US now, even with VAT/customs from the US you still save money, just takes longer
    335i #Team500