Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wanted: Fun and practical car for 15k ish

Wanted: Fun and practical car for 15k ish

Hi all,

So after selling my car last weekend, I am now in the market for a replacement.

My requirements are:

• 2013 or newer.
    • Low miles for year.
    • Less owners the better for insurance too.
    • Full service history.
    • Must have some level of practicality, need a reasonable boot and rear seats. Ideally a 4/5 door but will consider 2/3 doors.
    • Must be fun to drive and yet not uncomfortable as will be upping my mileage post lockdown.
    • Obviously something that is in good condition, never crashed, NCT'd, etc.

Budget:

Roughly 15k but could do a little stretch for the right car.

I have eyed up a few options, but want to see if anyone has anything that will fit the bill in case I would miss out on something nice. Or an alternative option to a hot hatch, etc.

Thanks a mil.

It's slim pickin's That was the brother's budget and he basically lost heart and gave up. Very little value out there. Stuff that you'd have expected to get for 15 ish, is more like 20 something grand.
    In the end he got a bargain barge and decided to salt the cash away in the hope that some normality will return to the second hand car market over the next year or so.

I'm standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused

Golf GTi.,VRS, Focus ST etc etc....

Quote Originally Posted by -mick- View Post
    what did you sell??
    a 2005 wrx.

Thanks all for the suggestions. Have been looking at the Focus ST as an option, most VAG stuff that age is out of budget, bar the VRS. What are the 2014 VRS like?

Never thought of a mini, are they reliable?

Cheers again
    Last edited by jimgti; 25-11-2020 at 01:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -MICK- View Post
    https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sal...h-2-0/26500580

a bit different...

What did you sell??
    This is a very good shout! They make awesome power on a Stage 1 remap and sound good too.

Had a look on Donedeal for a particular example and looks like it's sold but have you considered a mk7 Fiesta ST?
    2016 Ford Fiesta ST
    1998 Peugeot 106 GTI

Quote Originally Posted by KevC View Post
    Had a look on Donedeal for a particular example and looks like it's sold but have you considered a mk7 Fiesta ST?
    Have driven one and they are good fun little car and tick a lot of boxes, but think they are a tad small for my needs. Cheers for the suggestion.