Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Classic Kei cars

7FEA191D-3F32-49CF-AB28-1C6C65153835 by Danny Skehan, on Flickr

Funny what pops up on the RTÉ news at nine! Story about an old guy rescued from a cliff in Cork, and in the background this nice little Beat!

Yeah, scrappy doo just mentioned it there.
    I'm standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused

Quote Originally Posted by Bazg2 View Post
    Yeah, scrappy doo just mentioned it there.
    Sorry missed scrappy's post!

Quote Originally Posted by slipsliderg View Post
    This is the one for my collection, all in good time the Toyota (of course) Sports 800. All 800cc, 44hp and 580kgs of it
    Not actually a Kei Car, though very much in the spirit of the ABC trio. Kei regs are still 660cc, but back then they were even stricter - 360cc and even smaller maximum dimensions than now. Even then, they still tried to make sports cars of sorts, like the Mazda R360

Liking the Mazda and the Honda S660. You gotta forgive my liking of displacement Crank, not up on Kei cars but I could fit more of them in the garage than full size cars hmmm. Then build a motorbike engined version and I would be happy out.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by slipsliderg View Post
    Liking the Mazda and the Honda S660. You gotta forgive my liking of displacement Crank, not up on Kei cars but I could fit more of them in the garage than full size cars hmmm..
    Yup, even I could probably fit 10 kei cars into my front/back yard at a push if I thought I could get away with it and more to the point, get one project finished. The other thing that's great is they literally give you more room to play with on the road without ever even crossing the centre line.

I love the Sports 800 too, and anything small light and fun whether it's technically Kei or not, just nerdily clearing up the confusion over what is/isn't kei. You even get people thinking cars like the Pao and Figaro are Kei. Technically the Honda S500/600 aren't either because they are from the 360cc era, while the S660 is, becase kei rules are now 660cc.