Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lexus IS200 market

Lexus IS200 market

Seriously. There's not a single one out there for sale with an Irish reg.

You should try to buy an engine swapped 320d, I hear theyre putting rotarys in them now.....

They've also gone fairly steep in price compared to what they used be when they do pop up for a sale!

It is history repeating itself.

Twin cams used to be plentiful and cheap enough to buy. Got the stones driven out of them cause RWD and reliable, etc. and started disappearing cause rust, trashed and crashed and got harder to insure them, reputation, etc. Slowly they started to come back but were the good ones, restored ones, etc. and now are a fair few quid.

Not sure if the IS200/Altezza will go the same way but folk who had them when young get older and look back to what they had, so could see a similar pattern happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jimgti View Post
    It is history repeating itself.

Twin cams used to be plentiful and cheap enough to buy. Got the stones driven out of them cause RWD and reliable, etc. and started disappearing cause rust, trashed and crashed and got harder to insure them, reputation, etc. Slowly they started to come back but were the good ones, restored ones, etc. and now are a fair few quid.

Not sure if the IS200/Altezza will go the same way but folk who had them when young get older and look back to what they had, so could see a similar pattern happen.
    Oh definitely. Young lads love them. The GT86 will be the next one to become affordable as they start dropping under 10k. That seems to be the magic number.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by llcoolmac View Post
    Oh definitely. Young lads love them. The GT86 will be the next one to become affordable as they start dropping under 10k. That seems to be the magic number.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk
    Funnily enough a mate of mine bought a new is in 98 and said to me these will be the next twin am I laughed at him maybe he was onto something?

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
    Funnily enough a mate of mine bought a new is in 98 and said to me these will be the next twin am I laughed at him maybe he was onto something?
    He was spot on, just needed to wait 10 years longer than you would have for the “twincam”

Was talking to the wife’s 14 year old cousin and asked what he would like to drive, he said is200.

Quote Originally Posted by Tango View Post
    He was spot on, just needed to wait 10 years longer than you would have for the “twincam”

Was talking to the wife’s 14 year old cousin and asked what he would like to drive, he said is200.
    Says it all really, when he's 22 out of college earning a decent wage he'll have no issue paying 10k+ for a good IS200 if that's what he wanted since he was 13/14

Quote Originally Posted by Eoin View Post
    In 98 Twincams were still worth all so maybe he meant that