Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: For Sale - 2008 VW Polo Bluemotion 2 - aka "The Mint"

For Sale - 2008 VW Polo Bluemotion 2 - aka "The Mint"

My 2008 VW Polo Bluemotion 2 is for sale.

€1,950

The Good!

• Fresh NCT, as of last week, and is tested to November 2021.
    • 4 good Michelin Energy Saver+ tyres.
    • All new wishbone bushes up front for NCT.
    • Just serviced prior to NCT also – fresh oil (correct grade), oil filter, fuel filter, cabin filter, air filter.
    • New rear brakes (drum and shoes) and both handbrake cables replaced.
    • 79bhp 1.4 PD TDI
    • Cruise control, aircon, leather wheel/gearknob, auto wipers.
    • Bluemotion body kit, silver mirrors, skirts, grille etc.
    • Best cup holder ever.
    • Really clean underneath.
    • Towbar fitted and wired – only ever used for a bike rack.
    • €190 to tax it for a year.
    • 63.3 real world mpg average over all those miles (Fuelly).

The not as good

• Fancy Alpine double-din headunit is playing up a bit. Works on radio, but Bluetooth/CD/ipod/Phone etc. are intermittent lately. (I’ll leave the original VW unit in the boot for new owner)
    • The body has some marks from the life it has lived. It still cleans up well as you can see from the pictures, but it's a daily driver.

Not your stereotypical Backroads car, but I’m hoping this might suit someone here as a cheap to run commuter or maybe even a good first car? I'm advertising here first, before it goes to Donedeal over the weekend.

These are the most recent pics I have of it;

This car has a detailed ownership log in its own thread at the following link, has been a loyal companion over the years, taken us to the top of Europe and even got featured an AutoExpress group test - http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showt...ive-experiment

I’ve owned the car since February 2014, when I purchased it from a dealer in the UK. The car had 61k miles on the clock and had been owned by one family (Daughter then father) from the area, and had a full VW service history.

I bought the car to use on a mostly motorway commute that I had at the time, and to do those miles as cheaply as possible as we were saving for a house deposit etc. To that end, the car has been absolutely perfect, covering 130,000 miles with us and not once letting us down.

While these are solid cars anyway, I do think that the maintenance regime for this car played its part also. It has been serviced at a minimum every 10k miles, with VW dealer stamps maintained to 160k miles after which I took over all servicing. While the dealer took care of inspections and oil/filter every 10k miles, I used to change the air, fuel and pollen filter every second service also to keep everything fresh. The timing belt has been done twice in my time with it also, most recently in 2018 at around 175k miles. The car also had a clutch change at approximately 130k miles.

That’s a brief synopsis of the history. It now has 196,000 miles. I have literally every receipt for this car from the delivery to first owner up to present day (first time I’ve had to move to a second large binder) so can go through it in more detail with anyone interested.

Finally, the car is currently in my wife’s name, as she was using it for a few months while between cars. So two Irish owners on the log book now.

PM if interested. We are located in Limerick. I'm happy to send more pics and go into more detail with any interested Backroader.

A legendary Backroads car in its own right. The condition and servicing are a credit to you - someone is going to get a decent set of wheels that’s perfectly frugal for the Covid-apocalypse recessionary world we’re heading in to!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kingers View Post
    A legendary Backroads car in its own right.
    Cheers Kingers It's funny what this little Polo managed to achieve. I had to keep the car interest flame alive so I just took a different angle for a few years and it was rewarding in it's own way.

Quote Originally Posted by fcon View Post
    End of an era!
    For sure, mission accomplished.

What a little legend of a car. You minded it well all the time you had it, it was as much an exercise in engineering as anything else! And amazingly the OEM alloys are Ronals

She TheMint laaad.

deleted
    Last edited by richardsheil; 18-09-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Sound richardsheil, it's not the car for you then

Quote Originally Posted by richardsheil View Post
    2 grand for a fecking polo with 200000 miles.

No chance at all.
    Seller sets the price... the market corrects that if its wrong.... This isnt Adverts here.....

Quote Originally Posted by richardsheil View Post
    2 grand for a fecking polo with 200000 miles.

No chance at all.
    Seller sets the price... the market corrects that if its wrong.... This isnt Adverts here.....

Glws dimitri. I enjoyed reading your ownership thread- especially the trip to Scandinavia! great little car