Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For Sale - 2008 VW Polo Bluemotion 2 - aka "The Mint"

Quote Originally Posted by Bazg2 View Post
    Did ye pay 2 grand :p
    He paid 3k to spite Richard

Quote Originally Posted by 8~) View Post
    Aw man, serious smiles for us both here seeing Minty with the N plates!

Hope there are many more safe miles and fun adventures for ye with her. Just, to plant a notion like, I was hoping to find time to get The Mint to Morocco

Quote Originally Posted by vinnymcdonnell View Post
    He paid 3k to spite Richard
    Ha, not quite. I was not chief negotiator, however the deal went along the lines of starting at the asking and then agreeing a bit of a discount.
    Even though car shopping can be fun with road trips and breakfast rolls and looking at different marques, in these Covid times I was happy enough to happen across a decent car and do a quick deal.
    There actually isn't a lot to choose from with our requirements on the donedeal and inevitably there's a lot of scrap out there. The Mint does have big miles on a little engine, however Dimitri has been fastidious, all seems well, so we'll see how it goes.

Most likely the right choice. There is so much dross out there.

good car and sod the Miles.... A Dublin city car with low miles would be a bigger issue IMO...

Hi Folks,
    I'm Conor; son of 8~), new Backroads member and new proud owner of The Mint.
    I couldn't be happier with the little Polo. I spent most of the weekend reading through the 60 forum pages of Dimitri's detailed ownership log. The car's paperwork is incredibly comprehensive: I found the flight times written on the back of the original UK advertisement from 2014!
    It has everything I could possibly want in a first car, and the 'intermittent' Alpine head unit seems to sorting itself out...must have been just a bit damp from lack of use.
    I'm heading to the NDLS this evening to get licence sorted (passed my test on Friday ) and with a bit of luck, I'll be the envy of all my classmates come next week.
    I'll do my best to keep some type of update on here from time to time, though with a leaving cert to do it may be minus the receipts for zinc-coated hose clips.

Welcome Conor. Good luck with it. I think I met you a few times when you were pretty small.

Quote Originally Posted by C0N0R View Post
    Hi Folks,
    I'm Conor; son of 8~), new Backroads member and new proud owner of The Mint.
    I couldn't be happier with the little Polo. I spent most of the weekend reading through the 60 forum pages of Dimitri's detailed ownership log. The car's paperwork is incredibly comprehensive: I found the flight times written on the back of the original UK advertisement from 2014!
    It has everything I could possibly want in a first car, and the 'intermittent' Alpine head unit seems to sorting itself out...must have been just a bit damp from lack of use.
    I'm heading to the NDLS this evening to get licence sorted (passed my test on Friday ) and with a bit of luck, I'll be the envy of all my classmates come next week.
    I'll do my best to keep some type of update on here from time to time, though with a leaving cert to do it may be minus the receipts for zinc-coated hose clips.
    welcome and congratulations on your first car... its a deadly time in life when you get on the road.... Stay safe and enjoy the hell out of it....

Great stuff. Many happy miles to You!