Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Which sportsbike helmet.

I have hda nearly every high end helmet from the avg pista gpr carbon to the shoei xpirit 3 to the shark race r pro gp carbon and after trying all of them I can recommend the schuberth c3 pro in gloss black which I use on a sports bike. Even though it is a flip helment its looks great and goes with the bike when fitted with a dark visor It also has an internal dark shade too. It is the most comfortable and the quietest by far and just feels snug maybe due to my weird shaped head. Mke sure you get a correctly sized helmet as this was part of my problem. Initially I thought I was an XL in the AGV pista and even though it fit, it was too big and I am now a medium in the schuberth.

The next best helmet for me was the shark race r pro which I loved but it was too tight on my forehead and gave me a headache. PM me if you want any other advice as I spend many many hours reading and reviewing helmets. Also look at champion helmets on youtube, they review everything and rate them.
    Last edited by hogster; 16-09-2020 at 12:18 AM.

Thanks Hogster. I am a big fan of Arai other than their prices of course but in the end I went with this one. I guess I can live without the internal visor if I can get a pair of sunglasses that will suit being worn inside the helmet. You can see that little slot to enable wearing sunglasses as mentioned above in the photo of this one which was a bit of a bargain. The colours will look good with the S1000.

I am still trying to work out the correct dark visor for it though but the shop are going to include the correct one for me. I take it that pinlocks are only for clear visors? There does not seem to be dark visors with a facility to attach a pinlock insert.

https://www.helmetcity.co.uk/arai-chaser-x-cliff-white/

You can have pinlocknon dark visors too, had it in mine

https://www.thevisorshop.com/Mobile/...m-m-18177.aspx

Sent from my I4213 using Tapatalk
    Doing it with Twins is better than being Single
    http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showthread.php?7376-TRD3000GT-Project

Quote Originally Posted by hogster View Post
    I have hda nearly every high end helmet from the avg pista gpr carbon to the shoei xpirit 3 to the shark race r pro gp carbon and after trying all of them I can recommend the schuberth c3 pro in gloss black which I use on a sports bike. Even though it is a flip helment its looks great and goes with the bike when fitted with a dark visor It also has an internal dark shade too. It is the most comfortable and the quietest by far and just feels snug maybe due to my weird shaped head. Mke sure you get a correctly sized helmet as this was part of my problem. Initially I thought I was an XL in the AGV pista and even though it fit, it was too big and I am now a medium in the schuberth.

The next best helmet for me was the shark race r pro which I loved but it was too tight on my forehead and gave me a headache. PM me if you want any other advice as I spend many many hours reading and reviewing helmets. Also look at champion helmets on youtube, they review everything and rate them.
    Schuberth.. as far as I know that is the company which BMW is using for making their helmet, might be a good option for you Alfaguy.

Did you ever try Bell helmets ? Worth to have a look.
    Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.