Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 50 of 50

Thread: 3D Printing Service

  1. #41
    Can a solidworks file be used to print or be converted?
    1991 Rover mini Cooper 1380
    2001 Rover mini Cooper Sport 1275
    2009 Ford Focus RS mk2

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by richeyc2000 View Post
    Hi Kevin,
    Iíll check stock and colour of asa and Iíll add it to the queue. Should be no problem.
    Might take a few weeks to get around to it if thatís ok.

    Thanks,
    Richie
    That would be great Richie I don't mind at all waiting for it

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinf View Post
    That would be great Richie I don't mind at all waiting for it

    Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
    Hi Kevin,
    Itís going to be grey if thatís ok by you.

    Richie

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by ciaran1380 View Post
    Can a solidworks file be used to print or be converted?
    Yeah, you take a Solidworks file .stp and create a .stl from that. You can then import that file into a slicer and set all your parameters.
    Youíre good to go then.

    Richie

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by richeyc2000 View Post
    Hi Kevin,
    Itís going to be grey if thatís ok by you.

    Richie
    Spot on 👍

  6. #46
    Excellent! Thank you
    1991 Rover mini Cooper 1380
    2001 Rover mini Cooper Sport 1275
    2009 Ford Focus RS mk2

  7. #47
    What would the guys with 3d printers recommend as a reasonable 3d printer for the occasional/novice user. Would mainly be for the likes of the bits Richie is printing for me and small bits for diecast cars and model trains. Might also want to do a few bits for the GoPro or DSLR cameras.
    Would this be suitable?
    https://ie.farnell.com/creality-3d/e...m-1/dp/2945489

    Anything that needs to be looked out for?

  8. #48
    I have the ended 3 Pro, bought on recommendation and find it very user friendly and reliable even when left for a month.
    There’s a big community online for support too and it’s capable of excellent quality with some experience.
    I think it’s a good starter unit at least once the print bed is big enough for what you want.

  9. #49

    3D Printing Service

    Iíd look at the Prusa mini+.
    Bed size should be good enough for the parts you want built - 180x180x180.
    Have a look at the pieces built when you receive them as they will produce similar quality.
    I suppose it depends on budget etc. how much you will be using, time you can dedicate to it.
    The mini may be the high price point but itís plug and play.
    Last edited by richeyc2000; 01-02-2021 at 12:39 PM.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    What would the guys with 3d printers recommend as a reasonable 3d printer for the occasional/novice user. Would mainly be for the likes of the bits Richie is printing for me and small bits for diecast cars and model trains. Might also want to do a few bits for the GoPro or DSLR cameras.
    Would this be suitable?
    https://ie.farnell.com/creality-3d/e...m-1/dp/2945489

    Anything that needs to be looked out for?
    I have the Ender 5, but very similar.

    Found it great for small bits and pieces. Only tried PLA material so far, which isn't the strongest.

    It is a hobbyist device, so will require tinkering.
    The levelling can be a bit tricky to get your head around. You can optionally upgrade to an Auto-levelling kit.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •