Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Orange dinkiness - some MX-5 content

Quote Originally Posted by 8~) View Post
    I have cycled around those roads several times over the years and can confirm that there are lot of bits of car left on the roadside.
    Not ideal ground for your typical low slung sports car then 😉

Sounds like an ideal playground for the likes of the MX5,not overly low and stiff so should be more suited to these sort of roads.

Quote Originally Posted by DMZ View Post

Anyways, oversteer. I wouldn’t call it an AMG exactly where if you sneeze you’re going sideways. On the M50 at 130km/h. Which has happened to me.
    Oh nice or not so nice,depending on your reactions and outlook.

Hope it didnt happen in the rain at rush hour,you wouldn't be long taking up an extra lane or two with a tank slapper!!

Hopefully those with cars that only work on the M50 and YouTube have figured this out before the 3-4h journey into the west.
    I'm with the resistance

I don’t think it’s an imminent thing but I have looked at the BBR Super 220 a bit. I’m curious about the below snippet from Evo re it. What the below is saying that is BBR’s test of a standard car is 195bhp vs Mazda’s 181bhp claimed. A bit of a weird thing to be upfront about as it surely either means their dyno is setup too optimistically or they’re adding about half as much extra power as they claim. BBR does tune with 97 octane as far as I know so maybe that explains the power bump over standard?

For the Super 220, Mazda’s own work is complemented by the fitment of high-performance camshafts, valve springs and retainers, a BBR-developed four-into-one stainless steel exhaust manifold, a cold air intake system with a K&N filter, and a StarChip ECU remap.

The result on BBR’s dyno is 221bhp at 7800rpm, 26bhp more than the already-healthy figure it recorded for an unmodified car and 40bhp more than Mazda’s claimed 181bhp. BBR claims good power all the way from 4750rpm, while there’s more than 160lb ft of torque on offer all the way from 3500 to 7500rpm, with a peak of 166lb ft at 4350rpm.
    I'm with the resistance

I think manufacturers being conservative in their power estimations is a pretty common thing these days, as it leaves them open to changing an intake manifold or air filter on a different trim level or special edition and claim it has more power and charge significantly more for a modification that costs them buttons.

If your plan is to keep the car for a long time I don't think the BBR mods are a bad thing to do as it will certainly make it a little more exciting. Otherwise I would leave it alone. I'm pricing up something similar for my MGF's refresh next year and since I'm keeping the car forever I don't mind spending the money even though I will never ever recoup it if I decided to sell the car.

A little more power or surge somewhere in the range , ideally up top would be nice but I have to say as a package out of the box, albeit rollin the springs when I had a go - she is pretty feckin sweet.
    Even on a fairly short spin, you could feel it wanting to move around but in a natural, kinda playful way - rather than the feeling imminent backwards through the hedge the Honda can give when elements challenge.
    Turn in is as immediate as anything I can remember, interior is class - loads of lovely nice touches and really from the outside and out front, they now have a decent amount of presence, love the colour wheels etc.

I think your next move should be noise - you know I'm biased but there must be a sweet spot between drone/ears bleeding - Stock/tame/depth.
    Induction first then SS - I guess whatever BBR suggest and THEN after some time enjoying that I'd say you'll be well ready for more power.

Is anyone jealous of DMZ and the Richmeister? I know I am, having had a look at the latter's example. Well there is one on the forecourt at Stuarts on the Greenhills Road. It's seriously aged stock by now so I'd say there's a deal to be done . . .

Quote Originally Posted by JPW View Post
    Is anyone jealous of DMZ and the Richmeister? I know I am, having had a look at the latter's example. Well there is one on the forecourt at Stuarts on the Greenhills Road. It's seriously aged stock by now so I'd say there's a deal to be done . . .
    There is definitely a deal waiting on the one in Stuart’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tbh... I'm not sure I would go for a pre-2019 ND, the engine felt quite lethargic until they upgraded it in 2019. It loves the revs now which is good as it needs them...
    I'm with the resistance