Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Space Thread

Damit, that's pretty sad.

Yeah, I agree. It provided us with so much new knowledge and understanding, and appeared in so much footage from TV and movies making it instantly recognisable to even those with little interest in science or space, but here we are. You have to wonder about funding and the use of it. Because something doesn't just get to the point of imminent collapse overnight. It takes years, even decades, of insufficient maintenance to reach such a catastrophic end and total loss.

The Chinese should be landing their unmanned craft on the moon during the week, where it will drill and collect core samples, and then return to Earth later in December. There's a very real chance they could be the first to build any kind of structure on the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by crank_case View Post
    Damit, that's pretty sad.
    It came crashing down this morning. 900 tons of suspended platform crashed down into the dish. Few aerial photos doing the rounds online.
    "uncontrolled structural failure"

SpaceX “starship” test launch is live on YT now. Delayed slightly due to light aircraft encroachment.

Also just found out google maps will allow you to “street view” the ISS from the inside of course.
    https://www.space.com/37600-google-s...e-station.html
    I'm standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused

New launch time of 4.40pm Central American time. 10.40pm gmt
    Last edited by Bazg2; 09-12-2020 at 10:35 PM.

If no one saw it, it’s worth a watch, it was a test flight for the cargo vessel, 12 miles up and then a near free fall before a self righted “controlled landing”. hard to get a grip on its size from the cameras, but she’s a big hooore....

Juat watched it, the end was exciting as they say themselves on the description.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap-BkkrRg-o

The description is worth reading before watching the video.

Mars, here we come!

Anyone any good shots of the “conjunction”, Jupiter and Saturn to cross paths tomorrow. should be visible in the south west I think.