Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gran Turismo 7

Gran Turismo 7

There was a reveal for the PS5 last night and one of the big games announced is finally, a proper new entry in the Gran Turismo series, which never really felt it moved on properly in 5 and 6 and when it did (GT Sport), was a trimmed down, e-sports focused title rather than the wonderful, mucking about with hundreds of cars from the mundane to the exotic to the obscure. If they can get this series back to its previous heights (the original was one of few titles ever given a 10/10 by notoriously harsh Edge magazine), I'd be very tempted by a PS5. I kinda feel that this is what car games have been missing for a while - not a super serious motorsport focused game, and not arcade, just something where you can experience lots of different cars. Forza 7 is the closest in recent times, but even that has a frustratingly stupid career mode.

Last edited by crank_case; 12-06-2020 at 01:22 PM.

Cant wait for this!

That’s a brilliant trailer for the game, it looks awesome. I only bought a PS4 at the start of lockdown and have played GT Sport a lot but you are right it’s missing a lot from the earlier games. I might be selling the PS4 and getting the PS5.

Practically all of it last night was amazing! (I'm looking at you GTA Five and a half)

GT7 looks rather nice too.

Will pre-order as soon as!

Looks great. We've Xbox here, but might well be swayed to pick up a PS5 now.

By the way, nothing will ever come close to buzz of the Gran Turismo 2 intro for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwUJbMTIljw
    Last edited by GeeTI; 12-06-2020 at 02:00 PM. Reason: autocorrect madness

Quote Originally Posted by Rochey View Post
    Practically all of it last night was amazing! (I'm looking at you GTA Five and a half)

GT7 looks rather nice too.

Will pre-order as soon as!
    GTA Five and a half you say? Do tell..

Quote Originally Posted by Monza View Post
    GTA Five and a half you say? Do tell..
    It's just GTA V / GTA online ported over to next gen with some enhancements, but will be free for PS5 owners.

It looks good, but I can't help to feel one of the allures of console gaming was you bought the game on a disc, and that was it, it was ready to run.
    Now, all games will be download only, with probably 1000 (paid) DLCs on top.
    "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
    "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

I haven't had a cconsole since the PS2 and haven't played in over 15 years. Good memories of playing the GranTurismo series from 1 to 4.. excellent games. I might just be tempted by a PS5 and this game when it's released. Ha sthe release date been announced?

I read summer 2020 for PS5, not sure about GT7 release. I picked up Forza 7 for €8 quid in Argos during the week, even xbox one games on disc require huge downloads now without addons.
    I'm standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused