Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Old Octane.ie threads

Old Octane.ie threads

I was rummaging through an old laptop tonight and found about 30-40 old threads that I managed to rescue before the ship sank - they make for great nostalgic reading

anyone have any others?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kingers; 24-05-2020 at 07:16 AM.

I have some old photographs taken at the "Vee" a long time ago, I just have to remember where I put them.
    ________
    Wheelnut

Yeah there was a stack of good stuff on there. I downloaded DS26's review of the exige at one stage - still have it somewhere.

- First impressions, its tiny, Being low squat and pointy, it has serious presence. Not pretty or graceful, but not ugly nor predictable. It looks like a loaded crossbow pointed at your face.

The man could write. Another classic was VeeAte's tale of coming home from the dentist in the car, and then having that run in with the unfortunate cyclist.
    Be a sin if they've all disappeared into the ether forever

I grabbed some at the time but fcuk knows where they are now.

I just about managed to print off the Phoenix Park Races thread, actually read back over some of it recently, that was a memorable weekend. I must admit Kingers, when we pulled out on to the track on the Saturday for the demo laps it was emotional, lot of hard work had paid off and it was great to be part of the history of "The Park"

Funnily enough I had an octane account but I very rarely posted (if ever). However, I did download a couple of threads, which I never did elsewhere! I know I have them on a laptop. Somewhere. Possibly 5 or 6 threads. I was moreso a lurker on Octane.

I was on Octane from 2004 - 2012 - 8 years - the same length of time I am on here now. All that content gone and I used to go to a lot of trouble with my threads in those days. You could access some of the content in some archive for a few years after it went on its hiatus and I thought that would last forever so I saved nothing except in my TR6 thread but sadly it didn't.

http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showt...-Archive/page2
    Last edited by Alfaguy; 24-05-2020 at 07:30 AM.

I’ll try to add a few links here and see if they work

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
    I just about managed to print off the Phoenix Park Races thread, actually read back over some of it recently, that was a memorable weekend. I must admit Kingers, when we pulled out on to the track on the Saturday for the demo laps it was emotional, lot of hard work had paid off and it was great to be part of the history of "The Park"
    That was a bloody great weekend!

I cant remember what date the ship went down but web
    archive.org seems to have it
    http://web.archive.org/web/201112130...p://octane.ie/
    Hmm doesnt seem to have forum threads saved very well.. will try again later
    Last edited by philb; 24-05-2020 at 09:01 AM.