Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Motorbike license types

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinspark View Post
    If you have to choose, I'd go with the Hornet alright. Although you might find one slightly more expensive to acquire, they hold their value quite well and there isn't a ton of them about.

    The original Hornet really opened up the idea of the middleweight naked roadster for so many bikers back in the tail end of the 90s. Standing next to the Kawasaki ER5 and Honda's own CB500 you can picture the jump. A good looking Four with nearly a ton on tap in a nice compact chassis...

    Superfour should be good - it makes well over the 35KW requirement for Cat A.
    For the A licence I think you have to have a >595cc bike > 50kW and > 175kg based on this https://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Dr...-requirements/

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    County Limerick
    Posts
    1,068
    Quote Originally Posted by davemx-5 View Post
    Just out of interest can you do the cat a license on a cb400 super four. Would love a cb1300 but not going to get near that as a first bike.
    Check the weight of it, pretty sure my dads Deauviille 700 isn't class A as its too light. Actually list here:
    https://www.rsa.ie/en/RSA/Learner-Dr...--Motorcycles/

    Also don't forget to check insurance, it can be all over the place with different bikes. I like the looks/noise/torque of my Ninja 650, i was thinking of upgrading but this Covid thing might have put a stop to that so maybe new tyres and ill hold onto it.

  3. #23
    Ah ok perfect. It says cb400 is A2 if restricted. The hornet is Cat A suitable so thats good news. Is Principle still the go to insurer?

  4. #24
    Senior Member natnif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Waterford
    Posts
    2,648
    Quote Originally Posted by davemx-5 View Post
    Ah ok perfect. It says cb400 is A2 if restricted. The hornet is Cat A suitable so thats good news. Is Principle still the go to insurer?
    They weren't able to compete with my renewal quote from Carole Nash. One of the main underwriters has pulled out of the Irish market so every quote so far I've gotten is underwritten by Axa....Axa direct were €300 more expensive!!!

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by natnif View Post
    They weren't able to compete with my renewal quote from Carole Nash. One of the main underwriters has pulled out of the Irish market so every quote so far I've gotten is underwritten by Axa....Axa direct were €300 more expensive!!!
    Out of interest, what are Carol Nash like with Japanese motorbikes, because they don't entertain my japanese classics at all?!

  6. #26
    Senior Member natnif's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Waterford
    Posts
    2,648
    Quote Originally Posted by davemx-5 View Post
    Out of interest, what are Carol Nash like with Japanese motorbikes, because they don't entertain my japanese classics at all?!
    No idea. When I had the cbr, Principal were by far the cheapest. When I changed, I had bought the Triumph. Sorry!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •