Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Hi-Fi Stuff

I moved house last week and am now turning my attention to setting up my gear. I bought the yamaha amp and tuner I mentioned above. I also got a Sony cd player which is decent. I've decided to splash out on decent speakers... Kef q550 is what I've got my eye on. Any opinions?

Mark - I still want a second set of smaller speakers for the other room so do send me a price for the ones you are selling

Quote Originally Posted by natnif View Post
    I moved house last week and am now turning my attention to setting up my gear. I bought the yamaha amp and tuner I mentioned above. I also got a Sony cd player which is decent. I've decided to splash out on decent speakers... Kef q550 is what I've got my eye on. Any opinions?

Mark - I still want a second set of smaller speakers for the other room so do send me a price for the ones you are selling
    Hey, sorry pure poxy week in work and forgot about this. I'll drop you a PM.

Those KEFs are stunning.
    We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Those Kef's must sound amazing.

I was bidding on a pair of KEF 104's recently but I stopped before I lost the run of myself altogether.

I always wanted something for the house and today on the local neighborhood app a guy was moving and offering up his Denon receiver and bose home entertainment system for free

1602879485376 by V G, on Flickr

1602874274105 by V G, on Flickr

Screenshot_20201016-101826_DuckDuckGo by V G, on Flickr

Screenshot_20201016-101950_DuckDuckGo by V G, on Flickr

Just have to figure out how to run the tv and xbox off the hing and we're set.

Blueteeth works great!

You can't beat free
    2005 toyota sequoia, 1993 300d, 2009 prius, 1984 Volvo 242 turbo intercooler

Free stuff is always great stuff, nice wan ADM. Natnif, those Kefs must sound fairly daycent!!

It's great, been listening to music all weekend so far. Having trouble figuring out how to get the Xbox one setup with it. Ran a hdmi from it to the receiver inputs and ran a hdmi out to the tv, the tv sees the receiver but the receiver isn't getting the Xbox.btried the optical too but no joy !

We'll figure it out eventually!

Edit: One optical cable later and we're flying. A bit fuzzy on the main centre speaker! Will redo the connections.
    Last edited by admredux; 18-10-2020 at 06:55 AM.

Wow, you did well there. That amp is a peach.

ADM - you might be able to plug the Xbox to the TV and route audio back using ARC on that amp.

All sorted now, I got it working last night, had to switch off hdmi for audio on the Xbox and prioritize the optical, it defaults to the hdmi if the two are activated.

Very happy with it, I have a bit of fuzzy sound on the center speaker, the rest are grand.

I see a new tv in our future once black friday hits ! Our old projector one is losing it's brightness!