Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Waze navigation app

Waze navigation app

Had never used this before, I downloaded it for my recent trip across the Uk and I cannot stress how much money it saved me in speeding fines / potential damage from potholes.

Does anyone use it this side of the pond? From what I understand it’s crowd sourced information from other road users, so I can see it not working as well here if nobody is updating regularly!

We had a 99% accuracy reportings on pothole and speed cameras (fixed locations and vans/cops with hairdryers) fantastic piece of software !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tried it briefly but not many users in Limerick it seems...

funny I just downloaded it there now was going to try it out tomorrow.... Ill report back...

I use it a fair bit. It's owned by Google as far as I'm aware. Great for speed traps a Nd live updates on accidents etc.

I'm on Android and sometimes it seems buggy. Has me traveling in reverse one day when I took a different route than it wanted.

Good for user input info but Google maps more reliable for navigation for me.

Older but not any wiser!

its fantastic, saved my licence more than once with cash cameras.
    I use it all the time, through Ireland, UK and France.
    Only drawback is that you can only get friends added through facebook.

It's a brilliant app and I use it most of the time.

I was driving down the M50 a few months ago and it showed a broken down car a few kns ahead.
    It showed the car on the screen as I passed it on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    It's a brilliant app and I use it most of the time.

I was driving down the M50 a few months ago and it showed a broken down car a few kns ahead.
    It showed the car on the screen as I passed it on the road.
    Would the person that was broken down have to have been a user on Waze or was it just reported like you can do on google maps?

I use it everytime I'm in the UK, often times after collecting a car or getting one serviced so often I go for a blast somewhere close by with nice roads, saved me plenty of times.

Not as active in Ireland and rarely use it but I guess that's the problem!

Quote Originally Posted by Monza View Post
    Would the person that was broken down have to have been a user on Waze or was it just reported like you can do on google maps?
    Reported by another user and usually verified by others when they pass you can note that its cleared or something. It works well around Dublin to be fair. I'd say traffic flow feeds back in from google maps as well as waze. It also lets you update traffic conditions in 3 grades if I recall.

Its great in the US also for traffic cops and accidents, gets a bit like a video game as you collect points or something. Must run it again on teh commute a few times to refresh my memory of it.

I'm using it and it saved me few times not from speed cameras but from traffic jams, users can easily report broken down cars, traffic, etc.. and other users can confirm while passing the place. The more people will use this app the safer we are going to be.
    When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife.