Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mazda RX7 Spirit R

Quote Originally Posted by BrianC1 View Post

That was actually a different one, mine wasnt advertised at all, I made an enquiry and this was going to be available in 3 or 4 weeks so I just left the deposit then incase it sold after advertising!
    Ah fair enough, hard to tell when they use display plates; both very clean cars
    2008 Focus ST 225. Sabre 400R.

Yeah, I have the Speedster as my main car.. not quite daily!

Sure, it is I'm in Dublin yeah.. would be great to head for a spin on the coast road back home.. Tramore to Dungarvan maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Chawkie View Post
    I'd love to but my engine is still on an engine stand. When are you thinking of bringing him over?
    Looking like towards the end of March at this stage, they are booked up until then. Checked the ECU in mine and it looks to be an Adaptronics unit, various reviews give pros and cons to an Apexi, they look to be more expensive than an Apexi aswel but Stu reckons they are quite new and have a slight bug to wipe the map or portions of the map now and again (not all of them but enough to cause concern), so I'll probably go with an Apexi and sell the Adaptronics.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny 89 View Post
    Yeah, I have the Speedster as my main car.. not quite daily!

Sure, it is I'm in Dublin yeah.. would be great to head for a spin on the coast road back home.. Tramore to Dungarvan maybe?
    Yeah definitely, we can organise something when the weather picks up a bit sometime in March/April!

Thats lovely. Were they the last car available with pop up lights?

Cool car, all RX7s are rare now but it is quiet a different car to the GTR (including the Skyline ones). Does that make it 3 in the country now?

Quote Originally Posted by fez View Post
    Thats lovely. Were they the last car available with pop up lights?
    Apparently the Lotus Esprit had them up until 2004 so 2 years later, but definitely one of the last yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by TuneR View Post
    Cool car, all RX7s are rare now but it is quiet a different car to the GTR (including the Skyline ones). Does that make it 3 in the country now?
    Yep as far as I know 3, but in saying that, Stu in RotorTorque said they map all of Harlow Jap Autos imports and he's nearly sure they're last white Spirit R went to Ireland in the last year but that may be the North, or else locked in a shed unregistered somewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by BrianC1 View Post
    Checked the ECU in mine and it looks to be an Adaptronics unit, various reviews give pros and cons to an Apexi, they look to be more expensive than an Apexi aswel but Stu reckons they are quite new and have a slight bug to wipe the map or portions of the map now and again (not all of them but enough to cause concern), so I'll probably go with an Apexi and sell the Adaptronics.
    I have an Apexi in mine & had debated moving to an Adaptronic as it seems only other option for keeping the twins but feedback I got was of issues. Have seen a few pop up for sale "refurbished" where they ended up blowing someones engine & got sent back to OZ for repair but people didn't want them back in. This Apexis are well tried & tested on them and simply work. I talked to a tuner also & he said not to bother changing away from Apexi

When about was the white one imported?

I've a pics of a white Spirit R on a trailer from Oct 2017 that was imported!

Quote Originally Posted by Dizz View Post
    I have an Apexi in mine & had debated moving to an Adaptronic as it seems only other option for keeping the twins but feedback I got was of issues. Have seen a few pop up for sale "refurbished" where they ended up blowing someones engine & got sent back to OZ for repair but people didn't want them back in. This Apexis are well tried & tested on them and simply work. I talked to a tuner also & he said not to bother changing away from Apexi
    Yeah seems like the road I'll go down with mine, although the Adaptronics is in it since 2015 with no issues but I want a reliable car and the ECU is not another thing I want to add to the list of potential failures!

Quote Originally Posted by Chawkie View Post
    When about was the white one imported?

I've a pics of a white Spirit R on a trailer from Oct 2017 that was imported!
    JDM Auction Watch imported a white one in 2017 so that is likely the car you seen, that as far as I know was registered but I've never seen it out. The one from Harlow was in the last year or so but again Stu wasn't sure just Ireland rang a bell with it for him

You always said youd get another 😎