Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: My V8 daily driver (Audi S5)

My V8 daily driver (Audi S5)

The time has come again, 6 months in and time for a change of car. Nothing seems to last more than 6 months but sure, I literally couldn't help myself this time, and I've splashed out on a years tax so I don't think it'll be going anywhere anytime soon.

So to continue my run of idiotic vehicle purchases this is my new daily driver, complete insanity but I genuinely believe that the days of being able to drive a petrol, manual V8 are nearly over and I'm not going to spend the rest of my life wondering why I didn't do it when I could (just about).

Its a 2008 Audi S5, 4.2 V8 with a manual box, original Irish car with around 140k km on it.

Obviously its not the last word in razor sharp driving experience but the engine is just fantastic, I've a few little bits to do with it over the next while but nothing major. Probably going to bankrupt myself driving it every day, but at least it'll be fun.

I'll try and give it a clean and get a few decent pics at the weekend, I've only had it a week and its already filthy.
    Dr Per Gillbrand - "“All engines have an oil pump, a fuel pump and a water pump, so why not an air pump, which is all a turbo really is? I think it’s odd that all engines don’t have one!”

Super stuff, congrats!
    I'm standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused

Wow. That is fackin gorgeous man. Excellent, excellent buying skills there.

Good man J_K. Excellent achievement.

Nice! Very Nice?

How is it for a baby seat (or 2) in the back?

got a spin in a RS4 recently and thought the noise was just amazing ! manual too great to see

Lovely. Always liked these. By any chance is that the same S5 that was for sale in a dealer in Dunboyne? Well wear!

Cracking car! That's a peach of an engine.

Very nice, get yourself a nice Milltek non resonated exhuast on it. Had an s6 with one of them and really adds to the experience!
    335i #Team500