Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546

Thread: F1 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Batster View Post
    Do you not think that the RedBull is a good bit slower than the Mercedes, itís just Max who drags it up the grid a bit like Alonso used to do in the Ferrari?
    I think on race pace itís fairly close. RBís regularly set the pace during long run practice simulations. Donít think Checo will be up to the pace of Max but at least if he is within the Mercedes pit window they will have more to think about. I also think the McLaren will be a quick car next year using the Mercedes PU.

Wasnít Albon routinely beaten by the likes of Perez, Ricciardo, and Sainz? He wasnít at the races so to speak. Iíd say Perez will do well.
    I'm with the resistance

Perez was routinely beaten by the others until the pink Merc was born and if Albon hadn't been taken out by Hamilton in the second race this season Albon would’ve won his first race and that would’ve done wonder to the chaps confidence. Personally I really would’ve liked to see Kevin Magnussen in that seat. I think he’d have fit the Redbull mould really well and could stick it even further to Mercedes.
    I'm standing in a field full of sheep, is it wrong that I feel aroused

I quietly wonder about Hamilton’s contract. It was supposed to be done by Christmas, now they’re hand waving and talking about some point before the season start. If we managed to get a Brexit deal done before Christmas, what’s holding up a basic contract extension? It seems a bit crazy to let this linger does it not?

Mind you, new part owner, budget cap next year, anyone can win in the car, Covid-19, Mercedes busy with other stuff, ... I’d say Hamilton is getting squeezed and Mercedes F1 is not that bothered as they have other options.
    I'm with the resistance

Norris is covid positive and isolating in Dubai

The opening race in Australia is off too.

Cyril Abiteboul has left the Team Principal role at Renault/Alpine

Quote Originally Posted by Smythy411 View Post
    Cyril Abiteboul has left the Team Principal role at Renault/Alpine
    Last week they announced Davide Brivio was joining Renault from the Suzuki motogp team...

Quote Originally Posted by natnif View Post
    Last week they announced Davide Brivio was joining Renault from the Suzuki motogp team...
    Davide Brivio is a good operator it will be interesting to see how he handles the Press Conference egos

https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/a...i-motogp-kings

Seems a bit strange to me. There was rumours a few weeks ago that he may be taking the CEO role at Alpine, but he seems to have left Renault F1 altogether... After 20 years of working his way up from the bottom. He did a lot of work to get Alonso back for next year, I just find it odd he packed his bags all of a sudden