Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cars you will regret that you didnít purchase

Quote Originally Posted by baldrick View Post
    Honda crx circa 1k
    Honda beat circa 500 euro

Rx7s were dirt cheap a few years ago
    Rx8s must be at the bottom

I think i hit the bottom of the s2k curve when i bought mine.

Early audi tts
    I think a good clean RX8 with low mileage is a good buy at the moment, they can't go any further and have the possibility of appreciating somewhat.

RX7s have doubled in value in the last few years but are still reasonable value compared to other Jap stuff of the same era.

Also agree on the TTs they have to be at the bottom now can't go much cheaper than €2k

Passed up on an e34 525i sport for 1500 euro no rust leather etc needed a machine polish car ended up diffed to death!
    Could have saved it!

Quote Originally Posted by Jordanfaf View Post
    I think I’ve told this story on here before.

My dad had a toss the coin moment between a 2003 Z8 and a 2006 630i back in 2007 in Frank Keane... both 45k ish at the time.... the +2 seats won him over.

(Not my photo but I believe this is the very car)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jesus.. that's the winner right there... Probably the best, unique BMW ever made. Such a pity the decision was made the other way. Do you think he would still kept Z8 till today if he would purchased it at the time ?
    When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife.

A pristine 964 .. for 18k... just before they went interstellar.

--- some previous cars: Porsche 911, Porsche Boxster, MG-F, Austin Mini, Suzuki Escudo, GTM Libra, Honda Integra, Honda Civic, Renault 5.

I turned down an excellent example of an E36 M3 for €4250 I think the mileage was in the region of 55k miles or thereabouts.

Also missed out on a red Evo TME at auction in Japan for around 16 or 17k my bid was around the €15.5-16k mark at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by chillyspoon View Post
    A pristine 964 .. for 18k... just before they went interstellar.
    What year was this ?
    When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new wife.

Quote Originally Posted by fast focus View Post
    I had a Dc2 Type R wish I could have hung onto it but insurance was insane on it!
    I remember that I think. Loved seeing it around town.
    www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk5 GTI, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, yadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

I forgot track damo lotus elise was about 1k more than the s2000 at the time at about 6500. That was a bargain

Passed up on an R32 GTR for around 3.5k about 15 years ago. Had no VRT but it was reasonable at the time. Car turned out to have some serious kit, N1 turbos but also had some rust issues hidden away. Overall, I still think it was a missed opportunity. Thankfully made up for it with an Uber cheap RX7 since.

Also 15 years ago I imported a few cars for myself from Japan and I'm sorry I didn't do more of it, not for the investment/money side but for the experience. Had looked at loads of clean Eg6 civics DC2s and EK9s.

I did get out bid on one car that ended up in Ireland anyway, a Nissan Pulsar VZR N1, series 2 which I think might have been the one Fast Focus owned. Regret being outbid on that!

All the years I've known ya and you never mentioned chawkie although outbidding patjoe on an n1 was near impossible at the time he bought all the ones that came to auction for a period of about 5 years. Loved that car it more than likely was the same one only 36 made sure! It's in cyprus now.