Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: NCT lifts shut down now too.

Quote Originally Posted by philb View Post
    When the lifts are sorted, anyone who returns after having failed on something that could be tested and the under body check wasnt carried out - and their car then fails on the under body check is going to go a bit mental. That would be 2 retests charged for and 2 additional trips to the nct.
    In the best case where nothing fails at all it's an additional trip to the nct. Nct are not accounting for this at all. Sorry but some apologies on your website aren't cutting it. The original 55 should be refunded.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
    This was standard procedure to refund the test fee but they changed their policy just before going public on this. Best bit if you postpone your test due to a minimum of two trips and don't give enough notice you will be charged an extra 22 euros
    FIANNA FLET......a lot of fletting done, more fletting to do

Took the MIL’s car to Deansgrange this morning, where they had 2 lifts working out of 6. The car passed and I got a full cert/disc (‘03 Pug 206 with 25k miles on it).

It looks like they are using the valuable timeslots on the working lifts only for cars that have passed up to that point, because there’s a chance that they’ll get rid of them for the year (or two). The two people in front of me had lighting faults and they were also told that they’d have to return for the lift inspection (ie:the cars had already failed, so no point in wasting lift-time on them).

...so check your bulbs and tyre pressures etc, and, if your centre has any working lifts, you might get lucky (unlike the guy in front of me, who missed the lift(?) because of a dead sidelight bulb!)
    Last edited by Type17; 03-02-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Good to know Type17. Just booked into Deansgrange this morning. Not many slots left in February at the time.

Brought the Supra for its retest last Friday, failed on loose handbrake on one side the first day.

Felt sorry for the guys in the Waterford centre, the helpline were sending people down for retests requiring lifts and they had to explain to them at the counter they can't do it. At least 4 people while I was there this was the case. 2 of those couldn't understand why they couldn't do it when the helpline told them to attend the booking even though it was cancelled, one even said her mechanic told her that they could check the CV boot without the lift just crawl under the car!

Had a test in Galway this evening, got a fail sheet where everything had passed bar the bottom bit where underbody inspection was marked incomplete, and a ‘test incomplete’ stamp was added.

Tester was friendly and apologetic, said no ETA on the lifts being back and to monitor the media.
    2003 BMW 325i Sport Touring (E46)
    1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
    2018 Volvo V40 D2 R-Design
    2005 Adria Coral 630DH

Quote Originally Posted by Flet View Post
    Had a test in Galway this evening, got a fail sheet where everything had passed bar the bottom bit where underbody inspection was marked incomplete, and a ‘test incomplete’ stamp was added.

Tester was friendly and apologetic, said no ETA on the lifts being back and to monitor the media.
    According to the latest update on the NCT website, the Galway test centre (and 13 other centres) should have working lifts within the next week.

I spotted that and so I booked a retest via the NCT website for three weeks from now.

I subsequently received a text that said: “Sorry we must cancel your NCT test which will be conducted free at a later date Please check the website for updates NCT apologise for any inconvenience.”

I’m presuming they will invite back people who have ‘half-tests’ completed at some point. What a mess.
    2003 BMW 325i Sport Touring (E46)
    1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
    2018 Volvo V40 D2 R-Design
    2005 Adria Coral 630DH

Quote Originally Posted by Flet View Post
    I spotted that and so I booked a retest via the NCT website for three weeks from now.

I subsequently received a text that said: “Sorry we must cancel your NCT test which will be conducted free at a later date Please check the website for updates NCT apologise for any inconvenience.”

I’m presuming they will invite back people who have ‘half-tests’ completed at some point. What a mess.
    That's what I'm hoping Flet. My 2003 156SW got through the first round this morning (Northpoint 1).
    Delighted TBH. Wasn't due till 24th of March. Keep 'fail' sheet in car in case required by Garda.
    Big shout out to Dipethane for my emissions levels
    2005 Alfa 166 2.0TS Grigio Geo - mini project
    2003 Alfa 156 1.8TS Sportwagon Blu Cosmo - Daily Driver
    2002 Alfa 166 2.0 Blu Odissea - Donor
    2001 Alfa 166 3.0 Proteo Rosso - resting for now
    2000 Alfa 156 2.0 TS Selespeed Sportwagon Vela Blu - Donor
    1999 Alfa 166 2.0 TS Alfa Rosso - project
    1999 Alfa 166 2.5 V6 Grigio Nettuno - Track Car
    1984 Alfasud 1.5 Gold Cloverleaf Florentine Copper

Quote Originally Posted by Shkinner View Post
    According to the latest update on the NCT website, the Galway test centre (and 13 other centres) should have working lifts within the next week.
    Mine going in there on Monday for its first test for this year, had it booked just before they announced they had problems. Hoping can do in one go and it is back up and running.

Lifts in operation in NP2 now