Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: NCT lifts shut down now too.

NCT lifts shut down now too.

Just back from the NCT and they only did 2/3 of the test. As with the MOT some of the lifts have cracks.
    The tester (not his fault) told me I have to come back another time, but he doesn't know when, to get it up on the ramp for the test to be completed. No idea of what happens now if stopped.

Btw what's the story with not having the county name on a 1987 car? He put that down as a visual fail and I'm nearly sure I seen somewhere I don't need them.

I did the NCT on the Vectra yesterday too and that failed on a broken spring. Won't be able to get that retested now either i suppose.
    Last edited by Tsporter; 29-01-2020 at 09:21 PM.

On an 87 car you don't need the county name, I think it's from 90 onwards.
    Deadly Dave

They could have sent everyone a message, email or text. My test is today, got no notification. Not really surprised. Wonder what they will come up with for the retests, if it's a full booking it will be mayhem

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by philb View Post
    They could have sent everyone a message, email or text. My test is today, got no notification. Not really surprised. Wonder what they will come up with for the retests, if it's a full booking it will be mayhem

Yeah I emailed them looking for a full refund. I wouldn't mind but I went well outta my way to get it tested today, extra fuel, toll bridges, to be told I have to bring it back again. Me arse!

No other business would get away with that. Should have cancelled everything and rang/text/emailed customers.

Anyone know the name of the lift manufacturer?

I wonder if the lifts have broken due to lack of maintenance as per manufacturer instructions. The irony.

did they give you a partial cert or letter or some such? I have a test due next week & I’ll be past the date on the old disc the following day
    2003 BMW 325i Sport Touring (E46)
    1998 Porsche 911 3.4 Carrera 2 (996)
    2018 Volvo V40 D2 R-Design
    2005 Adria Coral 630DH

I feel sorry for the folks working in the test centres. The receptionist said nothing before the test but not a big deal. The testers were urging everyone to complain and ask for a refund of the 55 test fee.

MAHA is the lift manufacturer, they’re a top notch garage equipment manufacturer, it’s just one of these things that happens.

There is a major fault listed "no lift inspection done"
    The letter will be fine if stopped by guards, I've no concern there.
    The lifts are maha. I asked if there are regular inspections of the lifts but could not get a consistent answer. Id have thought the manufacturer would be involved in those. The interesting thing I did get was that the lifts in naas are ten years old and were supposed to hav4 been replaced last September.