Page 1 of 58 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: The upsurge of "facebook raffle" car giveaways ?!

The upsurge of "facebook raffle" car giveaways ?!

Been noticing a real surge in this of late. R-Kings and Ultimate Car are the two big ones of note - my senses tell me there are the same outfit, running in tandem.

and its not just cars, its tools, 2 post lifts, weekends away, quads, tractors, hell they'd even raffle off their granny

whats your thoughts on them? Fishy or for real?

Yeah, I am glad we are talking about this. There is a guy from work who is taking part pretty much non stop in those raffles, not only here but also in UK. I know that there is few guys running around in winning cars here and there so it seems genuine but for some reason I am always suspicious when it comes to things like this.
    Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.

Sorry I have nothing to add to this thread, except that I love your signature Mike! Quite accurate
    Current : ‘08 BMW E92 ///M3
    Previous: ‘03 BMW E39 530i
    Previous: ‘03 BMW E85 Z4 3.0i Roadster
    Previous: ‘07 BMW E92 335i
    Previous: ‘97 BMW E36 323i Coupé

Few interesting comments on the donedeal thread today regarding these raffles

Quote Originally Posted by BrianC1 View Post
    Few interesting comments on the donedeal thread today regarding these raffles
    yeah. saw that too, hence my post.

Tehres a thread on RMS with lads posting new raffles up etc some seem to be sinking some serious money into them

I dont know a whole lot about these new competitions but they really seem to have taken off the last few months.

I heard a fella I know won a TME Evo a few months ago.

But I'm just wondering why it seems a few of these cars are turning up for sale on Donedeal etc?

Is it people just trying to get some cash into their hands or do they end up having to fork out for a nice VRT bill after winning the car?
    Are any of the cars in the draws on Irish plates?

Main dealer's must love these lads....

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I don't see how they could be rigged the draws are done live and the number is picked by google random number generator. I know of someone who has won a car too just bought one ticket. Reports of some people spending 5-600 quid on tickets for the one car tho it's gambling really isn't it?

I bought 2 tickets from R kings last year wouldn't get into buying loads. I'd only buy a ticket for a vintage car though. One of the guys that recently won a newish mustang got a 30k VRT bill.

Quote Originally Posted by fast focus View Post
    I don't see how they could be rigged the draws are done live and the number is picked by google random number generator. I know of someone who has won a car too just bought one ticket. Reports of some people spending 5-600 quid on tickets for the one car tho it's gambling really isn't it?

I bought 2 tickets from R kings last year wouldn't get into buying loads. I'd only buy a ticket for a vintage car though. One of the guys that recently won a newish mustang got a 30k VRT bill.
    Yeah I'd be the same either Irish plates or vintage, while selling it and getting cash is obviously nice I'd like to enjoy what I won for some period of time anyway!

I always thought they were 100% legit but someone commented the same guy won 3 draws in quick succession, he's either buying a massive percent of the tickets, some draws are fixed, or he's incredibly lucky (like 1 in 10 million lucky)

I've bought tickets from them and a one or two from cars that took my fancy from UK companies, there was a nice RX7 up a few week back I bought a couple of tickets, no luck though