Page 487 of 507 FirstFirst ... 387437477485486487488489497 ... LastLast
Results 4,861 to 4,870 of 5069

Thread: Covid-19 Pandemic

I hope they spare retail. It seems too much to hope for much more than that. If it goes to L5 Iíd say the schools will be shut by the unions. Hard to criticize anyone who reacts to this by being worried.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iv just drove From D24 to D6 rathmines via Terenure, Rathgar etc.
    Plenty of people, plenty of Drinking on the footpaths no sign of any Masks in use.
    If this thing goes L5, and the commercial property market gets to Liverpoodlian terraced house levels of value, at least the Government will be earning some Excise duty but I cant for the life of me understand why people are outside on the pavement getting drunk, when the country is facing the worst economic winter in the history of the state.
    It's absolute stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennwagen View Post
    I cant for the life of me understand why people are outside on the pavement getting drunk, when the country is facing the worst economic winter in the history of the state.
    Some might say in the light of the overall handling of the situation so far, that is a not an entirely unreasonable response

Quote Originally Posted by -alan- View Post
    Some might say in the light of the overall handling of the situation so far, that is a not an entirely unreasonable response

Popped out in the car to get youngest asleep. And get a bit of peace from other 2. Only. 1 pub open in Celbridge. And both " outdoor areas" now fully enclosed with tarpaulins, 1 is a balcony with 30+ sitting up there most nights and the other is the old smoking area with 15+ in.

It's been busy like this since level 3 came in.

My dad is pretty seriously sick back home in the UK and it looks like i may have to travel over. Anyone know what the latest is regarding travel to the uk on a ferry and returning after a day or 2? I know my job will make me stay offsite for 10 days afterwards regardless. Im not sure if i can circumvent that by getting a test (can i even get one just cos i traveled?)

You will be able to travel by ferry especially if you do so by car.

Can you not get a private test?

Covid-19 Pandemic

Quote Originally Posted by mikerd4 View Post
    My dad is pretty seriously sick back home in the UK and it looks like i may have to travel over. Anyone know what the latest is regarding travel to the uk on a ferry and returning after a day or 2? I know my job will make me stay offsite for 10 days afterwards regardless. Im not sure if i can circumvent that by getting a test (can i even get one just cos i traveled?)
    Ask Phil Hogan!
    Recommendation is still 14 days self isolation, afaik.
    I know a guy who had to go over a few times and that was (and still is) his approach

Given that Northern Ireland is way ahead in the numbers game, it’s useful enough to see how that’s working out for them. https://www.health-ni.gov.uk/article...hboard-updates

I think even NPHET would recognise their COVID-19 hospital admission and ICU curves as being exponential and George Lee would be moist all over if he were covering this and looking at those numbers in isolation you would think the end is near. But seeing as Health NI provides the full picture it turns out that their overall occupancy is fairly stable. I don’t know why that is but curious none the less. Now if you were a professor you would of course draw some trend lines that will show that hospitals will be overwhelmed in a week or two so let’s see. It could be that people aren’t showing up for other stuff, the Covid numbers are still low enough, or an over-bias in Covid-19 labelling that reflects larger numbers of infected in the population but not the actual reason they are there.
    I'm with the resistance

I dont know if I can get a private test or not, thats why I was asking in case anyone had done similar. As much as it is killing me to not head home whilst my dad is sick, there isnt anything I can do if I did so Im following the rules. If I could get tested on return and cut down any isolation period then I would go over.