Thread: CarPlay

CarPlay

I got a EUR40 CarPlay activation off eBay for my M2.

Nice to have Waze and Google Maps on screen. Deezer, Audible and Amazon Music all look good.

Anyone else using CarPlay? Any other interesting apps that support CarPlay worth having?

Apple maps is much better with Carplay since ios 13.
    tunein Radio is good, Audible & Spotify is about all I use on it so far.
    GP2 | E30M3 | Clio Cup Racer

If you've a jailbroken iPhone there's a great tweak called carbridge that lets you run any app in carplay was very handy a few years ago when google maps wasn't available. Now i use it mainly for using the proper versions of Spotify, podcast etc not the car play versions. After that mostly use Tunein - youtube - whatsapp etc.

Also have it, was looking for an OBD reader app to use on it but very limited with apps 🙁

Are jailbroken iPhones still a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by thos View Post
    Are jailbroken iPhones still a thing?
    I’ve always done it anyway. Makes them better in every way in my opinion. Every useful feature added to any iOS update has always come from what’s been happening with tweaks on jail broken devices.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
    Also have it, was looking for an OBD reader app to use on it but very limited with apps ��
    That’d be cool. I guess that would work with Android Auto?
    I'm with the resistance

..can you use Sygic navigation? The offline maps were handy and it had a nice 3D view when I used it on an Android head unit...