Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cayman/Boxster back to a 6

Cayman/Boxster back to a 6

Six cylinder making a comeback in the Cayman / Boxster
    https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/new-2020-porsche-718-gts-four-litre-cayman-boxster/

Interesting change from Porsche. Nice to see.

It'll be interesting to see how it ends up being priced here versus the 4pot.

You'd be kind of pissed off if you have just bought a 4 banger one. Especially knowing that if you ever sell it will "be only the 4 pot one"....
    We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Co2 is 246 g/km though €2350 motor tax sigh

They're all on the Porsche configurator as of this morning. And yes, very nice. Finally something from Porsche (other than the Taycan) that I'm actually interested in.
    I'm with the resistance

This wont help the second hand values of the 4 pot 718 I'd say.

The 981 Boxsters are still holding around £30k plus in the UK

210g/km for the 4 pot.... €1200..... so guess which cars we will only see...... It really is depressing....

True but on the other hand, if you do get a GTS you will have something fairly unique which is nice in itself. Going by past performance, these will not depreciate a whole lot and now they're even unique within the Porsche range never mind the market as a whole. It's a very nice play by Porsche. Maybe they don't work in Ireland so well but then what does that is in any shape or form interesting?

I think it's nice that they're carving out a more enthusiast focused line of cars seeing as everything else is a bit meh these days.
    I'm with the resistance

Quote Originally Posted by -MICK- View Post
    210g/km for the 4 pot.... €1200..... so guess which cars we will only see...... It really is depressing....
    Is that right?

I seen a 718 Cayman at Terenure Show and the tax disc said €500 or €700 and something,my memory might be playing tricks though 😉

Maybe it changed under new WLTP rules.

But €2350. I have one of those already and I resent the payment hugely. I have a 9 year old car whose carbon release costs are sunk and I have to pay tax based on something that happened in 2010 versus buying a new car which would release many multiples of my annual CO2 release (particularly since I do 2000 mile per annum).

Quote Originally Posted by Ming View Post
    But €2350. I have one of those already and I resent the payment hugely. I have a 9 year old car whose carbon release costs are sunk and I have to pay tax based on something that happened in 2010 versus buying a new car which would release many multiples of my annual CO2 release (particularly since I do 2000 mile per annum).
    Motor tax should be added to fuel..... pay as you go..... end of... ive currently got 4 cars outside the house.... all taxed..... pain in my hole.....