Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Current best Dashcam?

I hate these but I'm wondering if they are a necessity for the work vehicles and also my oldest. She has N plates up and i took it for its NCT on Monday night. N plates on a little Fiat 500 open your eyes to a whole new level of other drivers arrogance. Whatever about the work stuff but I am definitely thinking about hers, people sitting on the bumper then trying to get around you and cut in - mental. This was with me driving and I wasn't taking any sh1te so I hate to thing what happens when she's in it on her own.

I also got sent a video of a pedestrian that jumped on the bonnet of a slow moving car and when twigged the dash cam walked away. Obvious an insurance scam and I think it was LucanLaw in his 2CV that had a similar incident where someone cut in on a slip and claimed to be rear ended.

Quote Originally Posted by mick View Post
    ..as always, save your money and buy this instead;

https://www.safedrivingforlife.info/...ivers-handbook
    Yeah sure, when some cyclist cuts the light and blames you, you can just wave the book in front of him and will all work out for you.
    "This is a non-contact sport but then so is ice hockey" - Roberto Giordanelli on Irish FIAT Punto racing but applies to all Irish racing..
    "Tailgaters have small dicks" - Me

Quote Originally Posted by hi-rev View Post
    Yeah sure, when some cyclist cuts the light and blames you, you can just wave the book in front of him and will all work out for you.
    I think that the point was that you use the book to beat him around the place?

I've thought about dashcams and while they do come in handy I am avoiding going down the road of self imposed big brother. And I definitely wouldn't want one that records speed. That would be a hindrance as much as a help.
    We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Quote Originally Posted by mick View Post
    ..as always, save your money and buy this instead;

https://www.safedrivingforlife.info/...ivers-handbook
    Almost a yearly query at this stage but I'm reminded of that old WW2 saying/proverb....

First they said no insurance for cars over 15.
    Then no mods covered.
    Then no jap imports.
    Then a discount for 0 points
    Then a penalty for any points
    Then a discount for a GPS tracker
    Then no insurance without tracker
    Then a discount for Front & Rear Dashcam
    Then no insurance unless....

Ball on lads but don't do so blindly or without considering what we're giving up or what road we take ourselves willingly down.

ie See the C&C issues, same that happens at hundreds of crossroads and junctions every weekend & by plenty on here I suspect.....caught on camera, uploaded to YT, wait on the outrage and think of the children.

Why folks seem more worried about saving €'s for the lying, crooked , fraudulent Insurance cnutfcuks I've no idea.