Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wanted- 80's Mercedes/bmw

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy-vtec View Post
    Call off the search! Found a 93' 300ce that's hasn't run in 10 years!
    What's the worst that could happen!!
    Head gasket (they rot with age)
    Sounds interesting, why was it taken off the road?
    Deadly Dave

. Double post
    Deadly Dave

Pretty much all bushes, Flexi hoses, pads, seized calipers and more. But all that is doable and worthwhile if the body is good especially if it spent its time garaged.

Quote Originally Posted by 8~) View Post
    Pretty much all bushes, Flexi hoses, pads, seized calipers and more. But all that is doable and worthwhile if the body is good especially if it spent its time garaged.
    I think the fuel pump is another one. If it was started even every now and then. It would make a difference.
    Last edited by Johnny_Limerick; 19-02-2020 at 10:56 PM.

Mercedes fuel pumps of that era seem to go forever in my experience. Though I would drain the old fuel and put in fresh stuff before attempting to start the car.

Started with a jump pack, was like being in one of those top gear cheap car challenges on the way back....
    Felt surprisingly fresh, but there is a long road ahead. That may end badly...
    Absolutely love old cars.
    Previous owner bought it 11 years ago, did one trip to cork in it and it's sat in his garden since.
    Going in with eyes wide open and looking to get it usable for a bit of summer fun.

Suggest you post up a pic and start a thread in classic cars. To resurect an old car and nurse it home is quite a specific experience.

Where are you located?
    Can you bring it to the next C&C?
    Deadly Dave