Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The $850 prius

Quote Originally Posted by admredux View Post
    I've had this feedback before alright, tried flikr but not as easy to upload from my phone/share the img links , I've to figure out how to do that or a better alternative!
    I switched to from Flickr to Imgur recently. Very easy to upload links from phone now.

Great I'll check it out, yeah I don't touch a computer now unless it's work related typically !
    2005 toyota sequoia pedril, 1993 300d, I need a project

Quote Originally Posted by Gn3dr View Post
    I switched to from Flickr to Imgur recently. Very easy to upload links from phone now.
    Ditto

Imgur gets blocked by ISP's on a regular basis.
    It's blocked by one Irish telco I know of, and at least one operator in the UK.
    Elsewhere it's banned in entire countries.
    Lots of "naughty"/inappropriate content shared on it. (And look at what happened to Tumblr in 2019 for hosting similar content).

The Prius is one of the most fantastic cars ever made assuming of course that your only interested in getting from one place to another place as painlessly as possible in something that requires the same amount of skill to operate as a fridge freezer.

I serviced our one (again) today.

163,920 Miles on the clock and not a bother to it.

That's the 8th service I've done in the last 5 years, around about 70,000 Miles in that time and outside of the routine service items I think all I've done is give it a new set of disc's and pads (which kind of are routine service items at that kind of mileage) and a water pump. Never had any issues, and no battery issues either on what is now a 16 year old car.

I don't care what anybody says they are an amazing piece of engineering.
    Dr Per Gillbrand - "“All engines have an oil pump, a fuel pump and a water pump, so why not an air pump, which is all a turbo really is? I think it’s odd that all engines don’t have one!”

Very cool j_k , I'm loving it as a daily, the brakes are phenomenal with the regeneration tech in it which I like having and it actually handles very nicely , reminds me of the mk1focus which was a great steer for what it was. Bits of the interior are a bit tired for 159k but should be easily remedied!

I'm seeing 43-45 mpg without any nod to hypermiling so that's greatly welcome to offset the 4.7litre Sequoia.

Mine was rear ended at some stage and the rear bumper has a nice crack across the top!

Nicely fixed with a loading area rubber protector and heaps of double sided gorilla tape!

Bodywise mine is an outdoor car, which here means hail damage and dents and scratches galore but I think it'll be a great daily and allow me to save the Benz and work on expanding the projects in time !
    2005 toyota sequoia pedril, 1993 300d, I need a project