Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mid life crisis

Well I can't ever see electric trucks working so the combustion engine will be here for a while. Then it will be what is the definition of a truck. The US size Raptor might become available over here.

If the future for the petrol head is Telsa then its going to be pretty bleak motoring in 10 years time. Those cars are some of the most bland looking on the market.

I just looked on Pistonheads and you could get a very nice S3 Exige for £40k

The other way of looking at it, is it's an Elise, but really heavy (1300kg, there goes your sub 1000KG thing) and won't last a track day so utterly pointless.

Hell, if going quick round Mondello is the goal, given there are no cheap Elises anymore - Just get a pre built kit car from the UK like a Fury, Riot/mojo or 7-a-like and if you're so inclined, you can stick batteries and a motor in it and turn it into the world's biggest most useless Tyco R/C

Quote Originally Posted by Alfaguy View Post
    Well I can't ever see electric trucks working so the combustion engine will be here for a while. Then it will be what is the definition of a truck.
    Tesla has planned to introduce an electric truck. In Iceland they're running their busses on Hydrogen, which is probably more viable for bigger payloads. But there is no fueling infrastructure for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfaguy View Post
    If the future for the petrol head is Telsa then its going to be pretty bleak motoring in 10 years time.
    The Jaguar i-Pace is the only thing, that may can be considered not bland, if you limit it to battery electrics.

/M

Quote Originally Posted by crank_case View Post
    if going quick round Mondello is the goal
    I wouldn't even consider bringing it to a track day. That has been proven to be useless.

/M

I think a key attribute of a mid life crisis is that it defies logic. I think an elise with some ever readies in the boot ticks that box so go for it. When the batteries give up put a honda in it

Not sure about the roadster but earlier model S performance wouldn't last two laps without overheating. In model 3 (and then in later S) they much improved motor cooling and battery thermal management...

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Go for it Martin and charge it from a diesel generator
    Deadly Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Deadly Dave View Post
    Go for it Martin and charge it from a diesel generator
    Nah .. but i have a 3kW petrol genset, that can run of LPG

/M

On a trail somewhere .... not far from being stuck.

I can’t multiquote and it generally comes across a bit arsey, but not sure why you’re getting so defensive.

If you re read you’re OP you specifically mention TD’s and wanting something sub 1T, when crank and the lads point it it’ll die, melt, be a bit - you say it’ll never see a track.

I’m a tree hugger .....but this is not an environmental purchase

I know you’re a mad genius and all that but the above is a bit mad ted.

still a cool idea, but surely the ‘reduce, reuse, recycle’ route would be to find an Elise with a blown engine, then a totalled vtec Honda - stick em together and off you go !
    Last edited by foyler; 04-01-2020 at 12:07 PM.

I'll just leave this here...