Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Davide Cironi and his dream F40 drive

Those Davide Cironi videos are marvellous. I watched a few on the back of the F40 one, and it's really obvious he's passionate about the cars. And from my own experience, after watching his FIAT 131 and Lancia 037 videos, he nails how they feel.
    www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk5 GTI, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, yadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Very enjoyable video. Is it just me or is the Alfa 4c the closest thing any of us will ever get to having an affordable F40? Everything he says about the f40 is applicable to the 4c. Exposed carbon everywhere. Mid 4s 0-60. Huge turbo boost sounds. Steering wheel following every camber on the road. Go kart like driving position and sensations. Heavy non assisted power steering. Ropey ergonomics and controls. But all of them are considered endearing in the F40...but flaws in the 4C. The 4C is going to be very sought after in a few years. I can feel it.

llcoolmac have you driven a 4C?

They never seem to get a great review in the usual magazines etc.
    Maybe they turn into a better car once you've used them for more than an afternoon spent reviewing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    llcoolmac have you driven a 4C?

They never seem to get a great review in the usual magazines etc.
    Maybe they turn into a better car once you've used them for more than an afternoon spent reviewing it.
    No, unfortunately not. I've been around a good few though. They never get good reviews in magazines mainly because they compare them with cars like a Cayman. I've a few old magazines at home where they gave the GTV 2 stars. For the life of me, I can't understand how they could ever have been a 2 star car considering the looks and relatively good fwd handling. With the 4C they complain about the interior finish and the steering following every camber. I've never heard it called boring though. Sure it's an appalling everyday car but so is the F40.

Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    Here's some in car footage from 40 red on the M1 after leaving cars and coffee Dundalkhttp://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5e1ca439...121611_551.mp4

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
    I got it to work now

Is that you in the passenger seat Pete?

I couldn't possibly confirm that

Sent from my VFD 710 using Tapatalk
    Keeping Her Lit

Say no more,lucky passenger whoever they are 😉

The owner was very sound and it's great that he's not afraid to take it out for a spin in a supercar deprived country 😁