Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Davide Cironi and his dream F40 drive

Davide Cironi and his dream F40 drive

I've watched a few videos with the F40 but this is one of the best one's I've seen.

Davide Cironi really let's this legendary car get under his skin,at times you think he's talking about his girlfriend/wife
    I'm sure most petrol heads would loose the run of themselves driving an F40 in Italy but I think only the Italian's can
    come across in such a passionate way.

Fair play to the owner for letting his pride and joy be driven like so few of these F40's are these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWT2EPUxOWc

I was watching this a few days ago. Gives a close up look at the car.

Thanks for sharing.

I’m just going to leave this here: https://youtu.be/NYYA2jE3Ze0

This clip of an F40 LM being driven in anger on a track in ‘92 is just fantastic, no talking or voiceover necessary.
    Current : ‘08 BMW E92 ///M3
    Previous: ‘03 BMW E39 530i
    Previous: ‘03 BMW E85 Z4 3.0i Roadster
    Previous: ‘07 BMW E92 335i
    Previous: ‘97 BMW E36 323i Coupé

Watched that the other day. Probably the best car vid it watched on a long time. His passion and the fact he can drive the car to its limits make for great viewing. Some cracking roads help aswell. Imagine if topgear/ grand tour could get 20 mins this good into each episode. That f40 looks like a big vicious go kart. Looks like oil/scotch marks around that exhaust aswell from having the hole driven off it.Turn it up and watch on a big screen if can.

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-E36 View Post
    Thanks for sharing.

I’m just going to leave this here: https://youtu.be/NYYA2jE3Ze0

This clip of an F40 LM being driven in anger on a track in ‘92 is just fantastic, no talking or voiceover necessary.
    Yep talking is definitely overrated epic sound 😉

Davide Cironi is such a genuine enthusiast and its so refreshing to watch some of his videos.
    Compared to some other Youtubers who have no clue how to review a car apart from read the spec sheet and talk about the colour they've just ordered.

I love the way he talks about not driving the F40.
    Even though he had the chance to drive a few versions but with restrictions in place,until he gets the right circumstances,ie he can drive the nuts of it 😁😁

Supposedly the last of the F40's aren't just as good as the pre-cat,fixed suspension setup but looking at this video I dont see too much wrong with it at all 😉

He drives some interesting cars in his other videos as well.I think he drove an Alfa touring car in one and an EB110 racing car in another.

It is my dream car of all time ; even though I had plenty of opportunities to sit in a Ferrari , as sad as it sounds , I want my first to be the F40

Jay Leno , F40 video is really good , just watched it again last night

Doing it with Twins is better than being Single
    http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showthread.php?7376-TRD3000GT-Project

Having to replace the fuel tank (bladder) every 10 years at a cost in the region of GB £xx,xxx would dampen my enthusiasm for owning one though.

Needless to say if one has the means to acquire such a thing the tank won’t be a major deterrent.

I farkin love cironi’s vids, he’s in my top for for this stuff with Harry, Harris, & jay but he’s a lot more relatable and once you move past the sub titles it’s fcukin hilarious to watch him wax lyrical in Italian for a full minute which apparently translates to 1 sentence😁!

He’s class and a toss up with Harry for the least affected or corrupted, we should all watch all his vids on repeat if it helps him fulfill the childhood dream🤘.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfaguy View Post
    Having to replace the fuel tank (bladder) every 10 years at a cost in the region of GB £xx,xxx would dampen my enthusiasm for owning one though.
    Did you see the F1 Mclaren costs; alot of things are time constrained

5 year fuel cell at 100K ex fitting or car transport
    2-3K miles or 3 years on the clutch
    Tyres 50K , they need to be balanced on a racetrack

What the hell is Jay Leno worth!!

Last edited by TRD3000GT; 01-01-2020 at 11:16 PM.
    Doing it with Twins is better than being Single
    http://www.backroads.ie/forums/showthread.php?7376-TRD3000GT-Project

The McLaren F1 is my lottery win car...except I would probably need to win it 10 times over to be able to afford to run the car after watching that video!!

Those running costs are pretty scary.

But people who own cars like the F1 and the F40 probably have multiple houses around the world,a yacht in the South of France and
    most likely 40 plus cars in their "collection".
    And Jay Leno has a warehouse full of denim to go along with all of the above
    He's a proper car nut though.

So 50k for tyres isn't going to worry them too much.
    How much did it cost Rowan Atkinson to fix his when he crashed it,I have around a million in my head for some reason.

I wonder would a Veyron/Chiron have to go through the same process to change the tyres?

Cars like these are such rarefied objects it's hard for most people to get their head around the costs involved