Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Highest speed I have seen on M50, or anywhere in Ireland... :-0

Highest speed I have seen on M50, or anywhere in Ireland... :-0

Heading northbound on M50 on Sunday (29/12) around midday, between exit 16 ->15, it's just around the end of the 120kph zone.

I was overtaken by a sports bike at a truly heroic pace: I was @120kph, and judging by the rate it appeared and then disappeared it had to have been doing >>> 200kph. Truely, it was as if we were standing still.

Not knowing much (anything) about bikes I have no idea about response/ braking times, etc relative to a car, but bearing in mind exit 15 is that for Leopardstown races which were on yesterday, the M50 was far from empty. The chaps position & movement on the bike reminded me of road race clips... clearly a chap who knew what he was doing, but on a busy M50??

As best I can recall very little in the way of lighting or number plates visible. In truth, I only saw him in my mirrors a second before he screamed by

Ah, you spotted a Donor Kebab in it's native habitat.

He was just enjoying a mild Sunday In December nothing to see here

And it only Costs him 88 tax a year to do it..... shocking!

I was heading down the M9 a few months ago doing 160+ overtaking a few cars and heard a noise approaching me, I pulled back in and a guy on a bike passed me like I was sitting still.
    He had to be doing 100 more than I was..
    Unbelievable stuff...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Must be Alfaguy test riding s1000rrrr's

200 I’d hardly raise a salute to , now 260 is proper kiss your ass and license goodbye territory so requires proper cohoes🤘!

Quote Originally Posted by mik_da_man View Post
    I was heading down the M9 a few months ago doing 160+ overtaking a few cars and heard a noise approaching me, I pulled back in and a guy on a bike passed me like I was sitting still.
    He had to be doing 100 more than I was..
    Unbelievable stuff...

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk
    mik..... I am shocked with your
    Blatant blasay for rules and regulations for the public road!!!

But was it a fireblade or a BMW 1000RR??

Oh and stop being bold!!! “Speeding”
    Last edited by Grahamo; 31-12-2019 at 12:19 AM. Reason: Can’t see 0’s fpr

Quote Originally Posted by bloke View Post
    Must be Alfaguy test riding s1000rrrr's
    Seriously.... he’d sit on it washing it:.. looking way faster...!!

Sorry AG...

Love ya!

Surely we have all hit 260+ on m50 racing for pink slips after c&c meets. I thought that was normal?
    335i #Team500