Page 74 of 92 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Yaris GR and GR4

i heard that Toyota ireland might nt be taking any more orders for now. similar reports from other countries too

What's the reason for that decision?

I didn't think Toyota were putting a limit on numbers produced.
    Thought I seen somewhere that they were suggesting a number of around 20k.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    What's the reason for that decision?

I didn't think Toyota were putting a limit on numbers produced.
    Thought I seen somewhere that they were suggesting a number of around 20k.
    I’ve no clue but it could be
    Toyota want to switch to producing a higher margin car, for example the Corolla gr
    Or the car is loss making and they only want to lose so much
    or they are trying to drum up some last minute surge in orders
    A marketing ploy to set up the sales of other gr badged cars
    Or a variety of other reasons

Is there more WLTP stuff coming down the line? It happened with us in VW in Aug 2019. Basically the rules were based on emissions and tests.

Whatever was in the country HAD to be registered by 1st August. So there was some great deals to be had before a rake of demos were registered.

The flip side of the coin was that VW Ireland cancelled a shed load of orders that the factory said wouldn't make it to Ireland and through customs and on to dealerships in time to be registered under old testing, so if they landed they would have been expensive paperweights as they wouldn't be approved for registration.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnRA View Post
    Is there more WLTP stuff coming down the line? It happened with us in VW in Aug 2019. Basically the rules were based on emissions and tests.

Whatever was in the country HAD to be registered by 1st August. So there was some great deals to be had before a rake of demos were registered.

The flip side of the coin was that VW Ireland cancelled a shed load of orders that the factory said wouldn't make it to Ireland and through customs and on to dealerships in time to be registered under old testing, so if they landed they would have been expensive paperweights as they wouldn't be approved for registration.
    My old hatch sti was registered after 1 July 2008 but benefited from the lower tax rate(based on engine size pre 2008)the Subaru dealer who brought the car in told me that Subaru Ireland registered 6 cars when they were still on the boat to make sure it got the lower tax 1050 versus 2350

Running 12.75 second quarter miles completely standard. It's very quiet, not necessarily a bad thing mind. Zen Vacuum Tofu power!

Thanks to Crank's video link, I now have this one about 25mins long on the engine. Only half way through it at the moment.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by slipsliderg View Post
    Thanks to Crank's video link, I now have this one about 25mins long on the engine. Only half way through it at the moment.

after watching this for a while I realise how little I know about engines

Quote Originally Posted by TPaul View Post
    i heard that Toyota ireland might nt be taking any more orders for now. similar reports from other countries too
    Yeah, no more orders

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TPaul View Post

Quote Originally Posted by golfr View Post
    Isnt that just full retail price for a 2nd hand car with 6k km on it?

Are new orders taking ages now?

Can't you see they drop 140€ off the price because they covered 5500km
    Any car that merely takes you from A-B does not go far enough.