Page 69 of 92 FirstFirst ... 1959676869707179 ... LastLast

Thread: Yaris GR and GR4

Quote Originally Posted by ColmK View Post
    Wouldn't hold my breath for importing one cheap, VRT crowd very likely to class these as a limited edition car with very low depreciation, it was the same for a GTi Clubsport vs a same year and miles Golf R (the R being cheaper to VRT because its not as rare even though it was more expensive new)
    maybe they'll just categorize as a normal yaris��

I see that 2020 cars are 790 road tax and 21ís are 600 p/a. The wins keep coming with these!

I had the pleasure of about 1200klms in one of these non cp cars in the last few days.

What a little machine! They seriously put a smile on the face everywhere! Forget the Fiesta comparison, these are really a mini GT-R.

Also got it up on a lift for a good inspection and they do look very strong underneath and the engineering gone into them looks impressive.

Rory Reid was right, shut up and take my money!!!

The 70kg weight reduction Iím after in mine will be doable as I brought the scales with me and was weighing everything removable! Any more and your into seats and exhaust which Iím not that keen on for now but you could probably see the same again or close to it, but itís starting to get less usable day to day.

Why 70kg, Fitz?
    www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, Caddy vanyadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Quote Originally Posted by fasterfitz View Post
    I had the pleasure of about 1200klms in one of these non cp cars in the last few days.

What a little machine! They seriously put a smile on the face everywhere! Forget the Fiesta comparison, these are really a mini GT-R.

Also got it up on a lift for a good inspection and they do look very strong underneath and the engineering gone into them looks impressive.

Rory Reid was right, shut up and take my money!!!

The 70kg weight reduction I’m after in mine will be doable as I brought the scales with me and was weighing everything removable! Any more and your into seats and exhaust which I’m not that keen on for now but you could probably see the same again or close to it, but it’s starting to get less usable day to day.
    what are you thinking of removing; assume no back seats either

Quote Originally Posted by Tristan View Post
    Why 70kg, Fitz?
    Why not!

combined with a power bump to 305ish will take it around 250+ hp/tonne.

The mission is to try make it as quick as the mcoupe round Mondello.

Mcoupe is 1380kg, so should be in the ball park. But that car punches above its weight, so itís an ambitious plan, all in the name of a bit of crack really

Quote Originally Posted by TPaul View Post
    what are you thinking of removing; assume no back seats either
    Yeah rear seat delete kit top of the list! -25/30kg

Rear Seats are not big or roomy so a bit of a no brainier to do it. Itís reversible. I think the development team wanted it as a two seater but Toyota went with 4

Quote Originally Posted by fasterfitz View Post
    Yeah rear seat delete kit top of the list! -25/30kg

Rear Seats are not big or roomy so a bit of a no brainier to do it. It’s reversible. I think the development team wanted it as a two seater but Toyota went with 4

No back seats certainly massively reduce the size of the target audience but gr seats would only be for short journeys and kids

I guess it's an excuse to have another more practical car too

Why not is right. I stripped the impreza before the last trackday. Handy weight saving in literally a couple of handy bolts.

Spare wheel 12.9KG
    Jack 2.5KG
    Rear Seat 3.7KG
    Back Bench 4.8KG
    Driver seat 20.1KG
    Passo 19.7KG

Sparco Grid Q Fibreglass seats. 6.5KG each.

Total saving = 50.7KG

I'm pretty certain I will be ordering one of these next year. It's a bona-fide classic in the making. Be crazy not to buy one of I can afford it.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk