Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Insurance renewal for my Landcruiser.

Unhappy Insurance renewal for my Landcruiser.

Got the renewal notice for my Landcruiser insurance today. As you may know I had some problems insuring that last year as it was a private vehicle then. Now its officially and above board classed as a commercial. Mine is a 181 short wheelbase model. Wait for it €1,372.96 and that's with a 30% no claims discount!

Well there is no way I am paying that. Surely there are cheaper ways to insure a commercial Landcruiser? That quote is from Zurich.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfaguy View Post
    Got the renewal notice for my Landcruiser insurance today. As you may know I had some problems insuring that last year as it was a private vehicle then. Now its officially and above board classed as a commercial. Mine is a 181 short wheelbase model. Wait for it €1,372.96 and that's with a 30% no claims discount!

Well there is no way I am paying that. Surely there are cheaper ways to insure a commercial Landcruiser? That quote is from Zurich.
    Bloody hell. Have you tried FBD or Liberty. Even try Zurich again as a new business.

Commercial comprehensive insurance on an expensive vehicle, sounds OK to me.
    My 2002 Hilux is about €1k with full ncb.
    Deadly Dave

I'm paying 600'ish on a pretty new VW Touraeg crewcab with insuremyvan, cheapest I could get anyway

No offence ag but you’re hardly at the stage where they’re loading you like the 15+ cars for being too old...😜
    Think we pay about €600 on a primastar with open driving for all over 25’s

That sounds about right tbh. Paying similar on a 141 transit custom with 4 years no claims.

We moved to FBD this year, it’s about €700 for each jeep

I have a 20 year old Land Rover insured commercially with Liberty for 550 and some change.

Not sure if they do commercial insurance, but An post saved me near 800 euro on my last renewal!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I went for a fleet policy few years ago. My jeep that was around €1200 with FBD came down to €550 with Chubb.

You'll only have one NCB if and when you come out the other end but classics don't have one anyway.

https://www.castleacreinsurance.com/.../mark-hewlett/