Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On the hunt for a Van....

On the hunt for a Van....

Not quite so interesting but anyway the resident Nissan Primastar that we got a great deal on a few years back is ready to be put out to pasture on site as a large wheel barrow.

Asking as we picked up the above from the Brothers FIL and while having loads of weak points , for fack all money its served us well until like a lot of stuff these days , the electrics are just causing too many headaches.

We had a hiyake before this and really we've 8-10 lads giving her death on a regular basis, so we're not inclined to drop more than Ä3-5k on one, needs to be similar size, ie take an 8by4 sheet of ply.
    Friend up in Dublin picked up an old P&T one and reckons they're a great buy - any idea where they pop up?

Theres a tidy hi ace for sale near me.
    Small dealer/ mechanic who looks after my own vans has it for sale.
    Very tidy, ill find a link shortly.

Cheers renn, open to all ideas - lookin like one of them, another traffic/primastar or the ubiquitous transporter.

Tis gas I look for info on all kinds of crap and always get good info, I thought Iíd finally found the one area nobody gives a flyin fcuk about - sub Ä5k vans....

In saying that , thanks to haldecks for the pm and Vinny for the link😉

This fella sells decent vans,

https://www.donedeal.ie/commercials-...4-lwb/22285875

Bought from him in the past for a family member and would do again. He has a few Hiaces on DD at the minute, they're all prepped really well which is rare for a commercial seller (from my experience)
    Last edited by Kaiser; 11-12-2019 at 12:49 PM.
    There's no light, There's only fire!

Iíve never owned a hiace before but customers have them and complain bitterly about mpg but have been very reliable for them.

We had an 06 traffic in the fleet and it took dogs abuse and had about 6 or 7 different people driving it day in day out. Would highly recommend one. Supposed to have gearbox issues and things but it never gave any hassle.

You could buy a young enough transit for that money. Engines are very robust but the bodyís rot unfortunately. We have an 05 one in the fleet and the engine etc is perfect but for last 2 cvrt tests it has had about 2k in welding done.

You could prob pick up a good 2010 transit or younger easy for 5k.

Cheers lads thereís obviously a sea of crap out there so anything that helps to narrow it down.

True on the hiaces Dave, I could never figure out how something soooo slow, with no blower could drink so much, that and the poverty spec interior and Ďvaní driving position are the down sides.
    Like yours our primastar had a notchy gearbox 3 years ago but kept on trucking, fine for rust, just electrics killing it.

Of absolutely no use to you but this is where living in an urban area has its benefits as you just rent these things by the hour whenever you need it. I rented a van last weekend and will do so again this week for a little job that I don't want anywhere near my normal cars. Brilliant stuff actually. And I can certify that they are truly sh1t vehicles to drive...
    I'm with the resistance

Quote Originally Posted by foyler View Post
    Cheers lads thereís obviously a sea of crap out there so anything that helps to narrow it down.

True on the hiaces Dave, I could never figure out how something soooo slow, with no blower could drink so much, that and the poverty spec interior and Ďvaní driving position are the down sides.
    Like yours our primastar had a notchy gearbox 3 years ago but kept on trucking, fine for rust, just electrics killing it.
    If youíre willing to spend a bit more. Iíve a 141 transit custom limited Lwb with heated seats Bluetooth auto wipers lights etc. couldnít recommend it highly enough. Itís rated to tow 2.5t and Iíve used it to tow my mx5 and altezza with no issue at all. Itís the 155bhp model.

Quote Originally Posted by davemx-5 View Post
    If youíre willing to spend a bit more. Iíve a 141 transit custom limited Lwb with heated seats Bluetooth auto wipers lights etc. couldnít recommend it highly enough. Itís rated to tow 2.5t and Iíve used it to tow my mx5 and altezza with no issue at all. Itís the 155bhp model.
    They have 14 year galvanized chassis warranty as well.

You selling or just suggesting one?
    How much ?

Since when did budgets count on recommendations around here....😜