Thread: Drifting under acceleration....?

Drifting under acceleration....?

Trying to diagnose this.....?

Car is drifting to the left under acceleration, and I mean drifting as in there is no pull on the steering wheel when it happens. While accelerating the car drifts but stops when you take you foot off the pedal.

I've already had it down to my mechanic for a quick check on the ramp, they can't see anything obviously worn or loose on suspension or steering components. They tracked the wheels to eliminate that, but it's still there. Tyre pressures fine, tyres are Uniroyals, fairly new and in good condition.

They are taking it back in to have a better look, any ideas on where to start looking?

What car?

Presumably its rear wheel drive and the diff is shaged in a away that its locked on one wheel. That's on the basis the rear suspension/ancillaries are perfect.

Sent from my SM-T590 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Gn3dr View Post
    What car?
    Nothing exciting, an 09 Renault grand scenic. We've had it for about 18 months and it's been fine, this just started a week ago.

Quote Originally Posted by cibo View Post
    Nothing exciting, an 09 Renault grand scenic. We've had it for about 18 months and it's been fine, this just started a week ago.
    Sticking caliper?

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk

My M5 does that too sometimes... Especially with Sport mode on and traction control off
    www.PatHoranMotors.com

E39 M5, Mk5 GTI, Mk2 GTI, Mk1 GTI, E30, yadda yadda

Stupid questions are better than stupid mistakes.

Worn out bush in one of the front lower suspension arms, easy to diagnose on a ramp with a pry bar and experienced mechanic.

Quote Originally Posted by 22rabbits View Post
    Sticking caliper?
    Would that not result in a constant pull though?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigus View Post
    Worn out bush in one of the front lower suspension arms, easy to diagnose on a ramp with a pry bar and experienced mechanic.
    Thanks, I'll ask my guys to have a closer look at that.

Well it could come on and off. Even can be caused by the cold nights freezing the cable.

The suspension is the obvious choice but that's all been checked already.

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Tapatalk