Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cars & Coffee Sunday December 1st 2019

It's a car meet.

You will always get a bit of showing off/messing from people.

People on here always giving out about the normal cars leaving at speed but when its a V12 Lambo or the likes and they nail it out of the entrance everyone turns a blind eye because it's a lambo. Can't be one rule for the normal people and another for the rich when it comes to car meet etiquette
    Vtec addict

Quote Originally Posted by chris139ryan View Post
    It's a car meet.

You will always get a bit of showing off/messing from people.

People on here always giving out about the normal cars leaving at speed but when its a V12 Lambo or the likes and they nail it out of the entrance everyone turns a blind eye because it's a lambo. Can't be one rule for the normal people and another for the rich when it comes to car meet etiquette
    Are you a "communist"? I smell Red.....

Totally agree. I have no problem with people lighting up the tyres/ messing but only when the road is empty, no chance of someone stepping out etc. It doesn't matter the make, model or value.
    We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

In fairness Chris is you look a few posts up you'll see someone making the exact point that it wasn't just the jap lads making 11's into oncoming traffic, ie there was a classic 911 in there and it sounds like the worst offenders further North are the 'rich' people in exotica.
    No doubt everyone wants to hear the V8/10/12's and nobody's getting overly excited about that apart from pitying the engines...

From what I gather its more the flaking/burnouts leaving both the parking area and especially joining a busy main road. There's hundreds of videos on youtube including the rx-8 to show where that ends, flip a coin as to whether they take someone with them!

Honestly I'm surprised its lasted this long in its current guise - ie Steve happy to find/arrange venue etc.

Said it before will say it again the lads videoing at the gate cause a lot of the problems, intentionally or not.

Plenty of opportunity to take pictures and videos of the cars parked up no need to stand at the gates waiting for this to happen to put up on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by Timm View Post
    intentionally or not.
    Your being far to kind there, seeing as in that video any car thats involved in any kind of antics has the reg plate blured. Which only seems to have started happening since this has been brought up more regularly here.
    Dr Per Gillbrand - "“All engines have an oil pump, a fuel pump and a water pump, so why not an air pump, which is all a turbo really is? I think it’s odd that all engines don’t have one!”

Quote Originally Posted by foyler View Post
    Honestly I'm surprised its lasted this long in its current guise - ie Steve happy to find/arrange venue etc.
    I wouldn't go all Chicken Licken and think the sky is falling in, a few ejits doesn't mean the end, or that people will stop going.
    We all stood around in a circle naked, thrusting our clinched fists in the air screaming "Jap Power!!"

Quote Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Was that at Bray?! Ouch! He should have kept the shoe it!

Quote Originally Posted by Timm View Post
    Said it before will say it again the lads videoing at the gate cause a lot of the problems, intentionally or not.

Plenty of opportunity to take pictures and videos of the cars parked up no need to stand at the gates waiting for this to happen to put up on YouTube.
    Serious ? I'm the guy photographing at the gate and I start it. I was there first but never asked anyone for powerslide as well as I'm not sitting behind the steering wheel of those cars. I've been on 3 maybe 4 meeting for all of this year and everytime I've been there I was staying at the gate and can easly explain why I'm doing it.

You are right about plenty of opportunity to take photos of cars parked and people are even moving away from cars when see photographer and I appreciate it but some cars are parked in place that it's very hard to take good photo. If you not photographer you probably won't understand it, there be always other car blocking view, light be wrong, sun be in wrong place, it's little things that are nothing to you but not letting you take good photo. Staying at the gate is perfect place for lighting as sun in the morning is always in right place in there. I also want to repeat myself from few months ago: I'm taking photos not videos and it's much easier for me to take good photo when car is driving slow instead of doing powerslide or speeding.

Also I'm 32 years old. By showing off in cars you will not get my attention, i'm not kid no more to be fascinated with reving or wheelspin.

If work let me I want to be at Cars & Coffee next month and don't get me wrong but I will probably stay at the gate again. I can't take responsibility for people driving like idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcinek_55 View Post
    Serious ? I'm the guy photographing at the gate and I start it. I was there first but never asked anyone for powerslide as well as I'm not sitting behind the steering wheel of those cars. I've been on 3 maybe 4 meeting for all of this year and everytime I've been there I was staying at the gate and can easly explain why I'm doing it.

You are right about plenty of opportunity to take photos of cars parked and people are even moving away from cars when see photographer and I appreciate it but some cars are parked in place that it's very hard to take good photo. If you not photographer you probably won't understand it, there be always other car blocking view, light be wrong, sun be in wrong place, it's little things that are nothing to you but not letting you take good photo. Staying at the gate is perfect place for lighting as sun in the morning is always in right place in there. I also want to repeat myself from few months ago: I'm taking photos not videos and it's much easier for me to take good photo when car is driving slow instead of doing powerslide or speeding.

Also I'm 32 years old. By showing off in cars you will not get my attention, i'm not kid no more to be fascinated with reving or wheelspin.

If work let me I want to be at Cars & Coffee next month and don't get me wrong but I will probably stay at the gate again. I can't take responsibility for people driving like idiots.
    Great post and massive thanks for the amazing photos you have posted over the years Mr. 55

For all the tools on the various videos, don’t mess it up for the rest of us pls.

Quote Originally Posted by markcro View Post
    Was that at Bray?! Ouch! He should have kept the shoe it!
    That second gear snap oversteer into the ditch / central median is by far the most common c&c youtube crash.

What's happening there at all? Is it weight transfer on changing up that takes weight off the rears and loss of traction?