Thread: 2010 Jaguar XF Wheel wobble

2010 Jaguar XF Wheel wobble

Getting a wobble from the front under light braking, heavy braking is fine?

New Discs and pads a few months back. Wondering if it's a partially seized calliper or buckled wheel?

Anything other than OEM or the EBC super duper discs on my Jag, and they crack, wobble, vibrate and make a general nuisance of themselves. Learnt this the hard way.

Running the EBC discs now, rock solid and no more drama from the surprisingly expensive crappo discs.
    Quote Originally Posted by crank_case View Post
    Get out there and drive it as much as possible...You or it will not be around forever, at least not with any original parts.

Check the easy stuff. Tyre pressures and make sure wheel nuts are tight. After that, start looking at anything that may have changed recently - was a wheel off for any reason?

What make are the discs? Had put two sets of apec discs on herself's insignia before I just bought a genuine set. Motorfactors said they are having constant trouble with them lately.

Not sure on the make as they were replaced by a dealership? I'll see if I can get a name off them

Ok you’re not going to like this but as I mentioned before the answer is pop into Jaguar with €580 and get genuine disks and pads. Been here and worn the tee shirt. I’m sure you can get OEM online for less but I lost the will to live and paid Spirit parts dept. Breaks have been 100% since and a much better pedal too.

Mick

Oh and that price was just to buy the parts. Not fitted.

I can fit them myself, going to strip the caliper today and see, I noticed they do stick on the drivers side, slides maybe stuck etc but if I need OEM or EBC then I will get them to be safe!

Apart from that it is a great car I have to say, looking at getting the XJ next summer

Before you part with money to Spirit,check price from Charles Hurst in Belfast.When I was running an Avensis I found them to be about 40% cheaper than Dublin dealers for parts.My nephew had similar experience with them when he was running a Jag.They offer a next day courier service to Dublin.In general I found them cheaper for genuine parts than the local motor factor was for non oem parts.