Thread: My F10 520d Diary

My F10 520d Diary

A quick recap on my motoring history since coming back to Eire and settling down. Bought a 171 Renault Clio and used it for a year whilst building up NCB.

A year later and a bit of cash on hand,traded the Clio in for something I wanted to try for a while now. Needed a bigger and something with more poke for the Castlebar - Dublin commute. Wanted to get a F10/11 535d or 535i but couldnt find something within budget.

It has the usual M Sport bits and mechanically sound with 151k km on the clock. Much more comfort and enjoyment not to mention decent poke to cut the 18 wheelers. Decent mileage as the last tank did 930km with mixed urban and touring.

Just did the tints at Dublin Tints for the back. Looking for solutions to fix the many deep scratches and cracked front bumper.

Future plans are cosmetics,new set of alloys (or refurbish the current M359)..remapping with AP Performance when time permits.

Heres hoping the journey be a smooth one.

Last edited by amirfarhan13; 24-11-2019 at 05:20 PM.
    They got a name for the winners in the world. I want a name when I lose

Would love insights and opinion on what to look out for in one of these. Have the dreaded timing chain replacement money already set aside if it ever comes.

Nice car,is it auto or manual?
    87 C 14613 Coming Soon To A Crossroads Near You...

Quote Originally Posted by gambit View Post
    Nice car,is it auto or manual?
    Forgot to mention. Auto

Sent from my SM-A505F using Tapatalk

Looks very well

If you have the money set aside for the timing chain I would just get it done and out of the way so you won't have to worry about it
    Vtec addict

Quote Originally Posted by chris139ryan View Post
    Looks very well

If you have the money set aside for the timing chain I would just get it done and out of the way so you won't have to worry about it
    Yea plan to do it together with servicing when its due. Still got 13k km to go and the chain visually looks fine with no excessive rattle etc.

Reading up on the brakes though..felt that it needs an upgrade.

Personally, I wouldn't go by the BMW service schedules and I try and get the oil and filter done in between the schedules too. Looks like a great car and best of luck with it!
    Current: '06 Silver Grey E60 530d
    Previous: '03 Silver Grey E46 M3, '02 Imola Red E46 325Ci, '98 Cosmos Schwartz E36 318iS

Quote Originally Posted by 318 iS cosmos View Post
    Personally, I wouldn't go by the BMW service schedules and I try and get the oil and filter done in between the schedules too. Looks like a great car and best of luck with it!
    Thanks mate! Yea the car was freshly serviced when i got it. Wont be going to the dealer.

Quick recap, 2 months in the ownership with 4000km done so far I felt that the decision to get the 20d as a daily driver is a good one.It handles well with good comfort even with the RFT tires still on the car. Fuel economy is around 7L/100km for each tank. Really good adaptive headlights on it makes the winter driving much better especially during dawn and dusk.

Few things that is going to be done on the car as its going to be with me for a while. Want to keep it relatively simple and maintained well

1) Timing chain replacement along with EGR/Swirlflap delete
    2) Uprated intercooler + downpipe (ordered during Black Friday from China..who knows when its gonna reach here..probably January)
    Will fit it when I have budget to do the exhaust altogether
    3) Remap
    4) Refurbish the alloys or change em..still looking around for something I fancy
    5) H&R or Eibach springs
    6) M Performance front lips and rear diffuser

Financial mistake resumes..

More pics..had the Carbon look plate holders ordered from Hong Kong (took 3 weeks on the dot) and Germany styled pressed plates on it now.